Tax Cuts = More Money For Brewing ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
The govt released their latest budget last night and it included tax cuts.
I guess it depends on which bracket you are in how much of a difference it will make, but will the extra cash be directed to the brewing budget ?

Beers,
Doc

$6 a week for us. I'm sure excise or some other nasty detail will filter that modest amount from our finances, leaving enough for packet of Whirlfloc or a milk shake and sandwich. :)

Hey, don't forget those lucky sods on upwards of $100,000 (Note this does not include me).

They should be able to make at least 2 extra all-grain batches a week. :p

Warren -

Anyone found one of those internet calculators that compares the new tax with the old yet?

Asher for now

Hey i thought there was a sign on the wall in the bar of the 'pub' that says no pollitics or religion! :ph34r: ;)

I spent most of all the money i have on the brewery and beer, the rest i simply wasted :excl:

hey hey what can I do
Jayse

I'm going to be a bit better off.
$41.58 per week this year and $86.58 per week next year.

Now do I allocate the extra to the brewery, or the kids ......... :huh: ?

Beers,
Doc

nonicman said:
$6 a week for us. I'm sure excise or some other nasty detail will filter that modest amount from our finances, leaving enough for packet of Whirlfloc or a milk shake and sandwich. :)
[post="58498"][/post]​

Mine's more than the proverbial sandwich and a milkshake. Somthing like a kilo of frozen prawns. Still, nothing to write home about.

I expect if they're giving with one hand, they'll be taking with the other. No-one noticed any new tax on homebrewing ingredients in the budget did they? :ph34r:

Has anybody noticed that in NSW when you buy a new car you pay GST (tax 1) and then when you pay your rego, you pay stamp duty (tax 2) on the purchase price of the car and on the GST. So you end up paying tax on a tax you are paying.

I suppose the same works for real estate etc as well.

Stamp duty is interesting as it was originally intoduced to cover the expense of a war (i think it was the crimean, but im not 100% sure). But now like 150 years later, we are still paying for the war!

Government treasury is certainly a wierd arena.
Tim

Tim said:
Has anybody noticed that in NSW when you buy a new car you pay GST (tax 1) and then when you pay your rego, you pay stamp duty (tax 2) on the purchase price of the car and on the GST. So you end up paying tax on a tax you are paying.
[post="58526"][/post]​

And when you buy a really nice car, they charge you Luxury car tax too. That really sucks and gets my back up :angry:

Doc

Hey Doc - I'll sell you my '86 Mitsubishi L300 for $57,008 - that's under the Luxury car tax bracket so we'll both be laughing.

Good Day,
If I use the money to make a batch a week and I value the beer at retail micro beer prices then I am more than $80 pw ahead.

Hmm, I could just about get a new strain of yeast per fortnight.

Wortgames said:
Hey Doc - I'll sell you my '86 Mitsubishi L300 for $57,008 - that's under the Luxury car tax bracket so we'll both be laughing.
[post="58535"][/post]​

Bwahahahahaha.... NO

Doc

I'm sick of tax cuts. Never notice the extra dosh.

Wouldn't mind a decent health or education system but.

;)

deebee said:
I'm sick of tax cuts. Never notice the extra dosh.

Wouldn't mind a decent health or education system but.

;)
[post="58578"][/post]​

Yes, the money could have been redirected towards more positions and scholarships for brewing degrees at the University of Ballarat. :)

Stuff education and health. The Illawarra needs a better rail corridor to Sydney. I'd happily give up the next 5 years of tax cuts to see that. Sell Telstra, lay rail. Or at least put a bar carriage on the 5:36 Central to Kiama.

Back