Taste?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gout

Bentleigh Brau Haus
Reaction score
I am amazed at the differece things may taste like depending on what you have eaten, time of day or your mood?

Not sure why but the same beer can tate like 5 difference beer depending on what you have been drinking prior.

My lager i complained as being too hoppy and not enough malty flavours. now for 2 weeks i thought this was correct and hence changed my next brew to "fix" this. added munich etc.

tonight after having a beer (lager) i then moved onto 2 yr old bottles to use them up, and being a nice beer it was smooth sailing. anyhow after drinking what was in the beer fridge i went back to the tap.
WOW what a different beer, now lower in hops and malty? wait its the same hoppy beer low in malt flavour as before?

well i guess its all a matter of context? now its a perfect brew of malt and hops.

wonder what it tastes like to others?????
I have 4-5 guys trying my beers and all say they like it, but why? what does it taste like to them? ....ponder

(enought beer for one night..... maybe one more )

Cleanse your palate with some water, or sparkling water between tastings :)

Keep the serving temperature of that particular beer consistant too.

same temp, same tap same beer and same fridge. I tried to clean it with water but same again

I also find it with mega beer, some times is ok, others its bad.

same as getting used to home brew, once you are, mega tastes like crap, but if for some reason you get used to mega swill it slowly tastes ok (sorta !?!?) :)

Latest posts

Back