Target hops substitute.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Morning gents, (Well those of you that aren't away fishing, shooting, or rooting that is)

I'm looking at brewing this recipe today but dont have any Target hops, or its subs Williamette or Fuggles. Looking for suggestions as to what else I could use?

Or if you happen to live close to Lyndhurst and could sell me some Target, Fuggles or Williamette that would be great.

Cheers

nutty.PNG

If they're only the 60 min addition I would sub with any clean bittering hop such as mangnum or northern brewer.

Truman said:
Morning gents, (Well those of you that aren't away fishing, shooting, or rooting that is)

I'm looking at brewing this recipe today but dont have any Target hops, or its subs Williamette or Fuggles. Looking for suggestions as to what else I could use?

Or if you happen to live close to Lyndhurst and could sell me some Target, Fuggles or Williamette that would be great.

Cheers

attachicon.gif
nutty.PNG
Looks like you already know some subs… so I guess the question is, what do you have in stock?

Another thing Ive just noticed is the colour of this beer in the recipe. I added it to brewmate from a website which had it listed as pounds (Shown below). I also scaled it to 23 litres and changed the SG to the orignal recipes. Beersmith converted it to kgs correctly but the colour is way out for some reason.

Grain Bill
7.5 lbs. - 2 Row Pale Malt
1/2 lb. - Crystal Malt (60L)
1/4 lb. - Chocolate Malt

Hop Schedule (25 IBU)
1/2 oz - Target hops (60 min.)
1 oz - Kent Goldings hops (5 min.)

Ok well I have

magnum (only 20 grams)
Northern Brewer (only 18 grams)
Warrior
Simcoe
Colombus
Mosaic
moteuka

Not my day today. Either I don't have all the grain, the hops, or the yeast.

Anyway I'm thinking of doing this stout from beersmith as I have the grain bill.

Velvet Stout.PNG

The original recipe called for West Yorkshire 1469 which I don't have but I do have a 200ml slurry of Irish Ale 1084 which will do nicely I'm sure. I have plenty of EKG but don't have Styrian. So my options are just use EKG entirely. Or would any of these go nicely with the EKG at my flame out addition?

Magnum (only 20 grams)
Northern Brewer (only 18 grams)
Warrior
Simcoe
Colombus
Mosaic
Moteuka
Crystal
Hallertuer
Hersbrucker

You could always give Northern Brewer, Hallertau or Hersbrucker a go.

BTW: I could probably hook you up with Styrian (or Fuggles) - and WL yeast, but I'm in Reservoir.

Thanks Manticle will stick with EKG.

Thanks for the offer Spiesy, bit far away from me though.

Truman, you've got all the hops for a big fat American Pale there! :icon_drool2:

Back