Taps And Tap Handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drederick Tatum

Reaction score
I have seen many pictures on this site regarding taps in fridges. My question is can you buy any beer tap handle/beer pump handle and it will screw right on to a tap. The reason i need to know is i have a friend coming from the uk who runs a pub and he has about 20 different pump handles he is bringing with him. Will they fit straight onto a beer tap and if so which kind is my best bet to use. I'm sick of using the pluto gun all the time.

I would say that the pump handles are actually from beer engines as pictured below. If so then you would need to work out if they can be adapted to the Andale taps that are available here in Aust. GMK may be the guy who could help you here.

C&B
TDA

beer_engine.jpg

Drederick,

I say let him bring 'em! It wouldn't cost you much to take one to a machinist and have him put together an adaptor or replacement thread for whatever tap you plan to use. Alternatively, ask Andale directly. They often have adaptors for UK fittings.

Cheers - Snow

Back