Taphouse Bought By Mikkeller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross brought along a selection of Mikkeller SMASH beers at the BABBs awards night, very intense. However can they make a decent Pilsner?

I cant see anything in the link to say they have purchased the Local Taphouse.

Maybe I am blind.

Regards

Graeme

Possibly you could read that as "taphouse taken over by Danish craftbrewer mikkeller"

But that doesn't mean they bought them

Forgive me if I missed it, read it 3 time's and can't find where it says that

SMH has changed it. Yesterday, the caption under the photo read that the Taphouse had been bought.
I think they took the term "tap takeover" to mean more than just taking over the actual taps.

SMH has changed it. Yesterday, the caption under the photo read that the Taphouse had been bought.
I think they took the term "tap takeover" to mean more than just taking over the actual taps.
Thank F&^k for the mis-understanding!

While the Mikkeller beers are sensational, the best thing about the Taphouse(s) is the variety of beer available on their shifting taps.

The last thing we need in this country is more tap contracts.

This is what the article said before these arseclowns corrected their mistake

You might be forgiven for thinking the Danes are trying to take over the beer world. They have certainly taken over a few local beer taps, including The Local Taphousepubs, bought by Danish craft-brewery rising star Mikkeller.

as you know these events are called a 'tap takeover' though this journo/editor clearly missed the point, apparently its the second time has happened, the first time involved Feral brewing some time back. I'm no journo, but wouldn't you at least contact the establishment to seek confirmation, sheesh!

This is what the article said before these arseclowns corrected their mistake

You might be forgiven for thinking the Danes are trying to take over the beer world. They have certainly taken over a few local beer taps, including The Local Taphousepubs, bought by Danish craft-brewery rising star Mikkeller.

as you know these events are called a 'tap takeover' though this journo/editor clearly missed the point, apparently its the second time has happened, the first time involved Feral brewing some time back. I'm no journo, but wouldn't you at least contact the establishment to seek confirmation, sheesh!

Might be time to alert mediawatch

I weep for the quality of journalism in this country. I'd say I'm surprised but I've been saying for some time now that people are idiots.
What happened to checking facts? Surely that they've reported something so blatantly incorrect, more than once, is cause for concern...
I like the comment from the taphouse of coming up with a new name :)
I thought the name was fairly obvious, Somehow "Only Mikkeller Beers on tap for a short time" isn't quite as punchy...

Ross brought along a selection of Mikkeller SMASH beers at the BABBs awards night, very intense. However can they make a decent Pilsner?

I've got their tjekket pilsner sitting in the fridge, will give that a try very soon. Tjekket literally meaning 'Czeched', so basically a Boh Pils.

I weep for the quality of journalism in this country. I'd say I'm surprised but I've been saying for some time now that people are idiots.
What happened to checking facts? Surely that they've reported something so blatantly incorrect, more than once, is cause for concern...
I like the comment from the taphouse of coming up with a new name :)
I thought the name was fairly obvious, Somehow "Only Mikkeller Beers on tap for a short time" isn't quite as punchy...

"short time" beers?

Edit: wonder if they can misconstrue that. :icon_cheers:
"Nip into the Local Taphouse for a short-time"

Back