Tap Shank Attachments

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_sa

Now in 3V
Reaction score
Gday folks,

After receiving my perlicks today finally, Im planning to hook them up tomorrow, But am not terribly keen on squeezing the 5/16 JG beer line over the nipple on the rear of the fridge door.

Am i correct in thinking that THESE screw straight onto the shanks and then the simple JG method of pushing the beer line in??? I sure hope so, will make life a sh!tload easier, as opposed to the old saucepan, boiling water, burning fingers yadda yadda yadda...

Or am i way off track... :unsure:

Cheers

Tap_adaptor.jpg

I use those on the back of my celli's and they work a treat.

Just make sure the fat end of the adaptor is suited to the thread size on the back of your tap (I am not sure if perlicks are the same as celli's).

Gday folks,

After receiving my perlicks today finally, Im planning to hook them up tomorrow, But am not terribly keen on squeezing the 5/16 JG beer line over the nipple on the rear of the fridge door.

Am i correct in thinking that THESE screw straight onto the shanks and then the simple JG method of pushing the beer line in??? I sure hope so, will make life a sh!tload easier, as opposed to the old saucepan, boiling water, burning fingers yadda yadda yadda...

Or am i way off track... :unsure:

Cheers

Thats what i use on mine. They're the best!

Raven, Do you know if Beerbelly sell them? I cant find them on their page, ONly CB, Which wouldnt be a problem BUT im off work tomorrow and Wednesday, and am dead set keen to get some beers finally flowing.....

Cheers guys, JG-making life easier and easier!!!

edit: Ill take the shank with me to BB (if they stock them) otherwise, anywhere else in Adelaide??

The ones on the CB site (that you mention in the first post) all fit my six perlicks perfectly.
I was the same as you, although I bought them with the tail end once I saw the JG fittings I ditched the barbed ones in a second, makes life so much easier!

Raven, Do you know if Beerbelly sell them? I cant find them on their page, ONly CB, Which wouldnt be a problem BUT im off work tomorrow and Wednesday, and am dead set keen to get some beers finally flowing.....

Cheers guys, JG-making life easier and easier!!!

edit: Ill take the shank with me to BB (if they stock them) otherwise, anywhere else in Adelaide??

Yes BB sell them that will go directly onto the shank that fits the perlicks (if they have any in stock...). Take the shank with you just to be sure.
I bought some from BB for mine.
JG all the way is brilliant. More expensive but brilliant in the long run.

I had a setup uo until 3 months ago when I sold the fridge with taps, I told myself id have the new one within days, I didnt think it would take 2 months... No HB in 2 months makes me keener than ever

can you tell me if those fittings have a rubber washer for sealing or do you teflon tape them?
thinking i might get them aswell.

Back