Tap Parts - Any Swaps Or Supplier Recommendations?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortgames

'Draught' is not a beer style - it's a lifestyle
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need 6 tap shanks with line fittings for my new monster. I have some shanks but most of them are too short for the freezer (I need 75mm min). My local beer guy only supplies new stainless shanks at nearly $40 each, plus they are much thicker than the old ones and I don't want to drill out any wider. So I'm hoping to find some second-handies. Condition isn't too important (my taps have plenty of character) but a matching set would be nice.

I could also use some plain tap tops - just the chrome domes.

I have a whole bunch of odd draught parts and one immaculate, barely used tap available for swaps (maybe one of you tap gurus can identify it? Its on the right in the pic) or I'm happy to cough up.

Does anyone have some of this stuff laying around, or can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have a few weird bits and pieces available, check out the pic:

tapssmall.jpg

I can get Brand New 6 inch panel extensions Stainless Steel - normally 40.00 ea - note that this is just the extension dimensions are:

3/4 inch female BSP that drops down to 3/8 BSP but male thread is only 50mm from the end.

But for a bulk lot of 6 will do them for 235.00 plus freight.
You will still have to get 3/8 washers and lock nuts or i can source tham as well - approx 5.00 a set.
The SS nipples are 17.50 ea or 6 for 15.00..

This is brand new and SS - obviously chrome plated brass is cheaper - i can get them but i prefer to deal in SS....

PM Me if u r interested...

GMKenterprises

Thanks GMK, but the SS ones are bit long and a bit pricey for my needs.

When you say panel extension - am I incorrect calling these things shanks?

Basically I need 5 more of these:

shank.jpg

and hopefully for less than several hundred dollars :blink:

Yep that is what they are...

I can get Brand new 2/3/4 inch SS with SS Snap lock fitting and SS Nipple and fibre washer, brass washer and brass lock nut for 55.00 ea or will discount on a bulk order of 6.

just the SS 23/4inch panel ext with washers and lock nuts no nipples are 25.00 ea.

goto www.andale.com.au and in the product catelogue u will find them.
it is 3/4inch BSP Female to 1/2inch BSP Male thread...

Back