Tap left open on the fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moved to the Pub.

I done this yesterday, the first of three cubes from the kettle. As I was filling the second I noticed the bung on the first was leaking so I quickly went and cleaned a tap turning open and closed a few times whilst pouring boiling water through it. Put the cube on it's side replaced the bung with the tap flipped it up the right way, whoops tap is open. Then realised the second cube was overflowing. Hadn't even had a beer yet, which I took as being the problem and quickly rectified.

Nope.
However I can think of a few instances where I should have positioned the fermenter over the sink, opened the tap and just kept pouring.

Bribie G said:
According to another forum that we can't name, fermentor is the vessel, fermenter is the person doing the fermenting. However it was pointed out that Fermentor could sound a bit too much like a Manga Robot God.

Even that's inaccurate. A person doesn't ferment the wort, yeast does! :p FV indeed.

Back