Tap hygiene question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chester 1

Reaction score
I've recently moved to kegging and love my new kegerator, what a great tool. Would someone care to advise on their tap hygiene routine - how, when & how often.
Thanks

Clean the lines every time you change the kegs. Give the taps a thorough clean every couple of months. Perhaps a bit more frequently.

I've just gotten a Bucket Blaster from KegLand and have added a few bits so I can clean my lines without wasting CO2. I think that'll help me keep up the cleaning.

I clean my beer lines and taps every 2-3 weeks Chester. I don't always take the taps apart but I do run a recirculation of PBW with a pump, usually run for approx 30 minutes then cold water flush and then cold sanitiser recirculation and leave the sanitiser in the lines until I want a beer. Normally only about 10 minutes! I always spray the tap with sanitiser after pouring a beer and plug the tap with one of those little brush things from the brew shop. My keezer is out under the pergola so that keeps the vinegar flies away.

Something less for me to worry about. Thanks for your valuable advice rass & razz.

Clean the lines every time you change the kegs. Give the taps a thorough clean every couple of months. Perhaps a bit more frequently.

I've just gotten a Bucket Blaster from KegLand and have added a few bits so I can clean my lines without wasting CO2. I think that'll help me keep up the cleaning.
How did you modify your bucket blaster to clean your taps? I just brought one as well and want to do the same thing?

Latest posts

Back