Tap foaming problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nacnud

Reaction score
Hi guys. Ive had three pretty basic keg taps for about a year now and two of them have developed a pouring issue. When the tap is fully opened the flow seems to be slightly obstructed and I just get foam. There seems to be a sweet spot just short of fully open that pours normally. I'm pretty sure it's not a balancing issue because the third one works perfectly at the same pressure (10PSI). These are the taps I'm using.

Is there some sort of adjustment I can make? Everything I've read just says fully open should be sweet but not with these taps!

Cheers.

Cheap taps are rarely adjustable, about all you can do is strip it down clean it thoroughly and reassemble with a good quality food grade lube on anything that moves.
While you are inside the tap, check all the seals and O-Rings, look for rough edges and distorted seats and edges.
Mark

There's no adjustment on that kind of tap except for the friction nut on the handle. You do need to replace all the o-rings and seals fairly regularly, as MHB said. Definitely no bubbles forming at high points in the beer line when you let it sit a while?

I get small pockets, maybe 1-2cm max in the lines right up by the taps - it's a chest freezer with wood collar setup. But I get that in the tap that pours just fine too. I've tried pulling them apart and cleaning them out but have never replaced seals. Could that really cause foaming? It's not leaking at all. Only 1 year old.

Latest posts

Back