Tap-a-draft Dispensing System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigGameHunter

Reaction score
How It Works

The Tap-A-Draft allows you to serve any carbonated beverage with
all the benefits, and without all the expense of costly, bulky CO2
Tanks and Regulators.

TAP-A-DRAFT is a patented, easy to use, beverage dispensing
system that includes a reusable 6-liter bottle and a screw-on
tap. Once the bottle is filled with the beverage of choice, the
tap is simply twisted on. The drink will then stay carbonated
for weeks, while glasses are drawn from the bottle with our
easy-to-use tap.

TAP-A-DRAFT uses standard 8gm food grade disposable
CO2 cartridges to regulate the pressure inside the 6-liter bottle,
keeping beverages carbonated. As the beverage is dispensed,
the cartridges replace the vacant space in the bottle with CO2.
This regulated pressure allows the bottle contents to flow effortlessly
from the easy-to-use tap. Two 8-gram CO2 cartridges
are capable of dispensing 6- liters (1.5 gallons) using the TAPA-
DRAFT system.

Beer can be carbonated 'Naturally' with priming sugar or 'Force
Carbonated' using Co2 cartridges. Full instructions are supplied
to ensure success whichever system you use. Nitrogen cartridges
are also available for those wishing to create a creamier thicker
head on their Beer or Stout.

Price is $115.00

website is http://www.ibrew.com.au/

BGH..

THANK YOU! I've been looking for something like this locally for over 3 years! (Didn't want to import one.....)

Now...how to finance it......

deebee: read the first post very carefully.. especially toward the bottom..

Ive been looking at something like this for a while.. including building my own... but instead ive just decided to go all out...

my bits are on their way...

i'll be sure to post some pics :)

Oooh, that hurts... Have looked, drooling, at that site a few times, I was just hoping that some HBSs might actually stock them. GSR did you order yours direct from the importer?

deebee: nah, i gave up trying to go small size.. and ive just ordered 3 18l kegs and a reg, and im setting myself up with all the rest of the gear...

so i'll be kegging my first beer in a couple of weeks (it went into the secondary last night)

:)

Well guys, I've ordered one so we'll see what it's like.

Should be here next week some time. Yeah...yeah...I know it's just a poor mans keg, but I'm an ale drinker and I don't think I need to go to all the fuss of kegging just yet.

Keep it warm, keep it flat I say :)

Seriously though it looks like an interesting unit. Wife was concerned that we wouldn't be able to put it in the fridge, but I told her it will fit just fne after I remove the water filter.....

Give us all an update when you get it
Don't need one myself have kegs already

So for your $115, what do you get?

1 x plastic bottle and head plus gas bulbs?

or 1 x head and several bottles??

I was just having a read of this after the recent news of the "Tap King" system that Lion are thinking of introducting. I'd definitely be interested in a small system which you can put into your fridge, are there any alternatives around the 5L mark?

Depends if the Tap-a-draft systems still had there explosion "issues"...I bought a heap of second half gear of a guy and he had a couple of these kits in them...didn't touch them

I think they look good. A good cheap option instead of buying kegs.

mitch.flint said:
I was just having a read of this after the recent news of the "Tap King" system that Lion are thinking of introducting. I'd definitely be interested in a small system which you can put into your fridge, are there any alternatives around the 5L mark?
Mini keg 5l system
http://minikeg.net.au/

I have just bought a package, and finished my first keg. I think they are terrific. My brewery is a way from the house, so pouring a beer when I want one is an issue that requires a hike. I have never liked bottling as I am lazy in that respect! This is the perfect solution. A 6l keg fits perfectly in the fridge (after prior consultation with SWMBO), so no more hiking for me! The only thing I would say is natural or forced carbonation prior to kegging, and consumption within 1 week is the go as I have found that force carbonating using the chargers plus dispensing ended up using 3 chargers ($4.50) over 8 days. Anyway, I am very happy with the product overall.

Back