Tamar Valley Beer Festival - Homebrewing Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itmechanic

Reaction score
Battle of the Brew - Have you got what it takes to be the Tamar Valley Beer Fest - home brew champion? Simply enter your sample of Home Brew to Luke @ Crown Cellars with a brief description of the style of beer and your name, contact details and the name of the beer. Finalists will then be chosen to compete at the TAMAR VALLEY BEER FESTIVAL - BATTLE of the BREW. The winner will receive a trophy and the opportunity to have his or her beer commercially brewed at Morrisons Brewery and then poured from the taps of one of Launceston's iconic venues. This is an amazing opportunity so get that Brew ready and head to crown cellars to enter.
*Please note that entries must be "all grain" only!"
**Entrants must provide 4 stubbies
***Winner must be available during brewing process
For more info please email [email protected]

Battle of the Brew - Have you got what it takes to be the Tamar Valley Beer Fest - home brew champion? Simply enter your sample of Home Brew to Luke @ Crown Cellars with a brief description of the style of beer and your name, contact details and the name of the beer. Finalists will then be chosen to compete at the TAMAR VALLEY BEER FESTIVAL - BATTLE of the BREW. The winner will receive a trophy and the opportunity to have his or her beer commercially brewed at Morrisons Brewery and then poured from the taps of one of Launceston's iconic venues. This is an amazing opportunity so get that Brew ready and head to crown cellars to enter.
*Please note that entries must be "all grain" only!"
**Entrants must provide 4 stubbies
***Winner must be available during brewing process
For more info please email [email protected]

Sounds good, I'm in :)

Any recommended styles or suggestions?

Winner must be available to clean Pauls mash tun etc.
Might brew something for this.
Ianh. If you want to enter I can help you with filling from your keg.

Open to all styles, as long as they are all grain.

And it must be able to be brewed commercially eg. 3KG rasberries in a 20L brew is a LOT of rasberries when scaled up to 500L.

Good luck to everyone!

And it must be able to be brewed commercially eg. 3KG rasberries in a 20L brew is a LOT of rasberries when scaled up to 500L.

Good luck to everyone!

That's only 75kg of Raspberries ;)

Good luck to everyone!
Well there goes my Japan style rice lager. I suppose the rice could be soaked over might in the mash tun. All 50 kgs of it.

I'd better get brewing.....How does your brewery like 30% rye Paul?

I might need some tips on filling stubbies from a keg.
I found some bottles of oatmeal stout today, from Oct. 2011, didn't think I had any left. Can I enter 2 longnecks instead of 4 stubbies?

Willing to give both the rye and rice a go if either was a winner. Push the boundaries, lets show people what home brewing is all about.

ok then - rice and polenta pilsner it is then.

Got some serious competition here fellas. My 17 year old daughter is brewing for this comp on Friday. Does a very nice brew she does. You blokes better make sure you are on the ball - don't want to get pipped by somebody not even old enough to drink what she brews.
Cheers
LagerBomb

What time frame are we looking at Paul? When does Luke need the sample?

according to the email I received, entries close January 1st.

Which is a mighty tight dead line IMO

Can anyone tell me whether there are any other requirements for this comp, other than what has been discussed in this thread to date? I did send an email but never got a reply!

Cheers Chief

Brew what ever you like, although it is getting a little close to the closing date (12th January). I never got a reply from my email either, but talking to Paul and Luke, it seems any style of beer is ok. Just enter, is all I can say.
I have 2 entries in at the moment, there is no limit to how many you can enter, plus there is not any entrance cost either.
Hope that helps a little.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Not yet, but entries only closed last night. I would imagine we wont know the shortlist until tonight at the earliest, maybe even tomorrow night.

Back