Taller 50L stock pots?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimpanda

Reaction score
Does anyone have a lead on a 50L stockpot with taller than standard dimensions? Everything I've come across is 40x40cm. Ideal size would be 35x50cm for ~50L volume.

I've been quoted $355 for a 35x50cm 316L 1.5mm SS cylinder with a base welded on by a local steelworker. No radius on the bottom inside corner though, which is a concern re: cleaning and sanitation.

Cheers,
G

You can buy kegs legally, a lot of the overseas ones. The skinny taller Tooheys keg shape kegs are 35cm wide, I'm not sure which overseas ones that equates to. You will find most second hand ones are <$100 and they are a quality built unit.

Hit up keg king, the've usually got a few decommissioned commercial 50L kegs in stock

Needs to be flat-bottomed for a Braumeister type single vessel system, otherwise a keg would be perfect...

Does it have to be 35cm or just taller than wider? I use a Bayou Classic which is 15"d by 18" something high. 56L or so

GuyQLD said:
Does it have to be 35cm or just taller than wider? I use a Bayou Classic which is 15"d by 18" something high. 56L or so
Where did you get that pot, that would be a good size
Thanks

Picked it up when the Aussie dollar was high from the US (via Evilbay). Don't think you'll find one in Aus, we don't have the turkey fryer culture they do over there. Which is where these pots come from.

Latest posts

Back