Taking The Boss For A Bender In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

///

Reaction score
Seems I need to take the boss out on a bender and he has made me promise it will not be somewhere I normally go - aka The Lord, The Aussie and the Macca.

So, as I need to break the creature of habit thingo, any suggestions for places to take the boss for a bender in Surry Hills, Newtown, Sydney town? He has also made me promise each pub will have a micro/non-standard VB or Tooheys type fair. He is Victorian, and so no easy task master but we can forgive him...

Scotty

Off the top of my head

The Union Hotel - petersham side of newtown. St Peters brewery beers on tap.
Madam Fling Flong's in Newtown have a few good ones, however they think St Arnou is from Belgium :blink: link
Nag's head hotel - somewhere in glebe

The Edinburgh Castle have one or two... sometimes
Equilibrium

Gee I dunno what's wrong with going to the places you mentioned, but at least you're spoilt for choice food wise in Newtown & Surry Hills.

Balmain have a good choice. I suppose look at the 2007 AHB pub crawl details

have fun
Pete

Paddy Maguires have Superchilled Tooheys New and a wide selection of boutique beer such as James Squire Amber AND Golden Ales.

be sure to visit the australian and the lord nelson

You could follow the former AHB pub crawl in Balmain route, or go to Paddy's at Homebush (no pubs for a crawl though).

Bring him up to Potters (or Murray's at Bob's Farm) and be done with it! :beer:

The Nags Head on StJohns Rd in Glebe is OK.

The British Lion (if it's still there) is on the same block and the food is pretty decent.

The Clock is a bit exxy for what it is, at least on the food side.

There's that beer caff joint in Cammeray (forgot name) if he's paying. Pretty decent range of beers there and the crowd is usually OK but it certainly doesn't comprise a crawl nite.

Lots of luck and best wishes for the hangover not coming.

Cheers - Fermented.

Red Oak. You will find out pretty quickly how close you can get to award winning beers, with AG at home! Make sure he's paying.

Cheers - Mke

The Rose Hotel in Chippendale (Cnr Shephard and Cleveland).
About 12 beers on tap including Monteiths Golden, Spaten, Hofbrau + bottles.
Great food too.

Doc

Take some care if drinking in Balmain and Glebe. Don't end up walking alone after drinking. word has it there have been some robberies of late...

Latest posts

Back