Taking on the big guns- Thunder Road vs CUB

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barls said:
There's a surprise.
Can't fight the big boys
That aside, I have no idea why a. Thunder Road thought they were entitled to someone else's IP (even if they don't make proper use of it). Or b. why Thunder Road thought that making some craft 'Carlton draught clone' and stuffing it in a ye olde branded bottle is a good way to run a brewery. What a shite concept. I have little respect for people who use other's success to coattail their way to the top.......or bottom as it may be.

Well, there's a very good reason that I can see: Australians largely like shitty, familiar beer. Making shitty, familiar beers is probably a decent enough business plan - execution has been very poor, however.

Yeah, not a bad plan from Thunder Road, since they've a pretty poor reputation in the craft world. May as well try and grab a slice of the boring beer market.
It's not like they've ever shown much interest in actually making good beer.

headfreak said:
Yeah, not a bad plan from Thunder Road, since they've a pretty poor reputation in the craft world. May as well try and grab a slice of the boring beer market.
It's not like they've ever shown much interest in actually making good beer.
2 head brewers down so far and they have never tried to make an interesting beer.

They had an APA (Mongomery's???) which was remotely decent, so they only put it on grolwer's from the bar there. Their beers suck.

Sounds like might and right combined for a win.

Good thing too, if you own a car it's yours even on blocks in the garage.

I know a bloke who let a neighbour use some of his land to allow the neighbours cows access to the creek during a drought. The neighbour used the land for a year or two and then fenced it off.

When the owner asked why it was fenced off he was hit with a court notice to the effect that the neighbour was claiming title to the land. He had used it and made improvements to it (the fence :blink: ). When it got to court the neighbour actually won due to some old squatting law.

Needless to say they no longer speak.

But how do people justify themselves? :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back