Taking Braumeister to USA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tavas

Reaction score
I currently have a Generation 1 (the white control box) 50lt Braumeister which has served me faultlessly. I may have an opportunity to move to the US next year for work and I am wondering if I can change out the control panel for a Gen 2 rated for 110V (the black control box).

The other question I have is can you get enough power in a US house to run 3kW? I have seen 50lt BM's for sale so I assume so but we know what happens when you assume.

I would hate to have to sell everything I have here only to buy it back over there.

Thanks

Tavas

There is 240 over there but only in the laundry room (i say 240, its really 2-phase 120.)

stilvia said:
Or the added amperage accounted for..
SInce the current increase is a result of the positive temperature coefficient of the element*, it can by definition never be enough to get the overall power back to parity. It is however possible to arrange things so that the current draw remains constant with increasing voltage.

*Which is itself due to electron phonon interaction. Some semiconductors can have a negative coefficient but normal resistive materials are all positive for this reason. Ya canna change the laws o physics cap'n.

So if the voltage is 110 v you will draw more amps
W = V x I

Wrong resistance stays the same voltage will go down to 110 v so current will also reduce so wattage will be less

rude said:
So if the voltage is 110 v you will draw more amps
W = V x I
That's what I was initially thinking, but yes Lyrebird is correct.

Back