Taking A Home Brew To Limited Production

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOG

Reaction score
I was contacted at work by the bar owner (yes we have a bar at work) about putting a beer on a spare tap he has.

I suggested he run a home brew competition, provide a decent prize to get a few entries, and take the winning reciepe to a small production house to have it made.
that way he gets to put his own brew on tap. and all the issues of production and tax excise is covered by the production house.

Does anyone have any sugestions for small prouction breweries that can do say 120L to 600 litre batches at a time. Delivered in kegs to a number of locations in Sydney.

Any idea what 600Litres packed in 50L kegs costs?

Can you post links to the companies please?

PM if you are a supplier and wish to take the discussion offline.

Thanks

BOG

I was contacted at work by the bar owner (yes we have a bar at work) about putting a beer on a spare tap he has.

I suggested he run a home brew competition, provide a decent prize to get a few entries, and take the winning reciepe to a small production house to have it made.
that way he gets to put his own brew on tap. and all the issues of production and tax excise is covered by the production house.

Does anyone have any sugestions for small prouction breweries that can do say 120L to 600 litre batches at a time. Delivered in kegs to a number of locations in Sydney.

Any idea what 600Litres packed in 50L kegs costs?

Can you post links to the companies please?

PM if you are a supplier and wish to take the discussion offline.

Thanks

BOG

Try Wes Smith at Narellan. Aust Independant Breweries I think.
I dont know anything about run size etc, but he seems to help out on here a bit.
He would at least know who could do it.

Bacchus brewing do it quite often, for example Archive Bar in Bris ran a home brew comp for AIPAs last year and the winners were brewed by Bacchus, put on tap and the outright judged winner's beer was on tap for a short season. Something similar happening at the Scratch Bar as well AFAIK ( I don't brew the particular style so not following too closely)

Ross may have some suggestions.

Thanks Guys,

Sorry for getting this reply back late. work and all that stuff.

That's what I was after. Doing a Homebrew comp, winning beer wins an iPAD or something similar and the beer is brought through production to tap by a third party.

This guys owns 4 bars and is just about to open a new one in Sydney CBD and would like to make it different by having a beer menu and his own house beers on tap.

I'll chase both those leeds to get a better understanding of the cost and general logistics.

BOG

Depending on what you're after I think we should have I chat. I'm the man behind the mash tun at HopDog in South Nowra. It's a 2 hL jobby, and I thinnk it'd work for what you're after.

PM me if you'd like.

Tim

Back