Tagging Posts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

dane

Reaction score
The eagle-eyed members may have already spotted this, but I've started to retrospectively add tags to older content in a number of forums.

The tagging system on the site is a closed tagging system, that is, the tags are pre-defined either globally or for specific forums and you can only choose these when posting.

I'm going to monitor this, but I'm hopeful that this more restrictive method of tagging will yield better results and categorisation for everyone.

I've enabled tagging in 3 forums so far:
  • 'Non Beer' Brewing (tagged)
  • Brew Food
  • Gear and Equipment
When you make a post in any of these forums, below the topic you will be able to select one or more tags.

Please provide some feedback or suggest new tags if there is enough content to warrant the addition.

Tagging can be used when searching or if you're viewing a topic that is already tagged, clicking on the tag at the top will view all related tagged content.

If you're adding new topics in one of these forums, please tag it appropriately and again let me know where I can add and expand on the tagging suggestions.

Cheers

dane

Reaction score
What sort of discount can you offer our Pro members and I'll think about it B)

bruce86

Reaction score
Will there be a tag member function so that if there is some one u want to see a post or you think could give sound advice you can alert them?

dane

Reaction score
bruce86 said:
Will there be a tag member function so that if there is some one u want to see a post or you think could give sound advice you can alert them?
You know I've wanted this feature for some time, as far as I know it's not possible.

Maybe it's open to abuse? You can use the BBCODE button (3rd one along) to quickly link to a Member (ie [member='bruce86']) but that doesn't create a notification as far as I know.

Online Brewing Supplies

**** OBS ****
Reaction score
dane said:
You know I've wanted this feature for some time, as far as I know it's not possible.

Maybe it's open to abuse? You can use the BBCODE button (3rd one along) to quickly link to a Member (ie [member='bruce86']) but that doesn't create a notification as far as I know.
I want to tag Bruce just so I can give him shite, that goes for BBB too . :p
Nev

bruce86

Reaction score
Lol your prob right nev is a Dick like that lol. Also I prob would, of tagged bum in quite a few threads just for giggles. :-D

Latest posts