Tactical Nuclear Penguin Tasting Night At Antique Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golani51

Reaction score
Found a flyer at the Antique Bar in Glenhuntly Road Elsternwick.

$15 members/$18 non- members for a 60mL snifter
8PM Weds 25th July
6PM Sun 29th July

They claim it to be the strongest beer in the world but I am sure we know that Sink the Bismark is another 20% above it. Nevertheless, I am dying to try it. Bookings on 95238999

Only interest is trying it.

Wow, I had this just last night.

Definitely something I'd prefer at the end of an evening, in a snifter glass or comparable. Quite enjoyed it and I'm pleased to report alcohol warming is at a very palatable level for beer. Your mileage may vary but overall, highly recommended.

tor2.jpg

Cheers
reVox

You had the entire bottle?
What an investment.

The price listed for Antique bar is definitely a goer. Cheaper than going the price of the bottle.

R

Wow, I had this just last night.

Definitely something I'd prefer at the end of an evening, in a snifter glass or comparable. Quite enjoyed it and I'm pleased to report alcohol warming is at a very palatable level for beer. Your mileage may vary but overall, highly recommended.

tor2.jpg

Cheers
reVox

I'm curious about this. I have a bottle of TNP, but I have no idea how to drink it. I was thinking of having it with a rich chocolate pudding, or with cheese and dark chocolate. I would be interested to hear any reports of the best ways to enjoy it.

Very impressive beer, possibly one of the finest examples of extreme brewing available.
Where I run into a bit of a problem is with the price at around $65 for a 330mL bottle its priced like a 10 year old single malt, it enjoys a lower excise rate and doesnt have to spend a decade sitting in an oak barrel.
Sink the Bismarck is stunning but at about $240 for 750 ml well I can get a hell of a lot of very good Belgian beer for that or a bottle of 21 year old scotch, and I know where my money would be going.
I think someone is way over pricing these beers, feck for that sort of money you could get a 50 year old port and quite a lot of change- reality check time Brew Dog.
Mind you a snifter for under $20 do it worth trying.
Mark

Latest posts

Back