Tactical Nuclear Penguin Anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

gideon

Reaction score
Merry Xmas

Having a ball in Edinburgh. 9 hand pumps in most of the pubs I've visited. Never had the same beer twice yet and I've had a few :)

Was in the Brew Dog bar last night (check out some of the options)- I think I had them all and that explained why I was tipsy when I arrived home. I also sampled the Tactical Nuclear Penguin and Sink the Bismark (25ml samples)- like liquers, very nice. Anyhoo, they sell them by the bottle (330ml I think), I think about 30 for TNP and 60 for STB. If there are enough crazy IBU's out there willing to chip in I thought I'd check out the interest in a bulk share on a bottle of each (or maybe just the TNP) at Gino's. Need to have final response by 3rd Jan. The plan will be just to share the cost amongst all those who are game for a swally as we say in Scotland. Let me know.

Happy Hogmanay.

capretta

Reaction score
ha, id get in on the bottle of tnp. how can i resist such a moniker! my interest cant be extended to the bismark however , sorry! :D

gideon

Reaction score
Robbing [email protected][email protected]$...

I brought back a bottle of TNP and a bottle of STB, total $140. Both bottles ended up being roughly the same price even though TNP is 32% whilst STB is 41%, so that's a 100% mark up.

white.grant

tum te tum
Reaction score
Criminal. But the blue mountains get away with it as they are scenic.

So we're on for a taster? I'll bring a straw.

gideon

Reaction score
Will bring the beers along and have a list for those interested to sign up and can then split the costs. If someone has a spirits measure we can split it by that. Should get 13 x 25ml measures per bottle ($5.40 a shot).

monkeybusiness

Reaction score
I'll have a go at both. Went to sydney to sample some beers at various venues on the weekend and got stung for $20 for a single shot of whisky at the Batxer so this doesn't sound too bad.

gideon

Reaction score
Just to put it into perspective, Dan Murphy's sold STB for $199 a bottle and TNP for $155 a bottle, so in this case the saying 'cheap at half the price' is just that. I'll bring along a couple of special Brew Dog glasses for the sampling.

sponge

Dungeon O' Sponge Brewery
Reaction score
Id happily chip in to give them a samplin'.

Sounds lurrrvely

Sammus

Amateur Brewer
Reaction score
I'd also like to be part of this! (if there is any room :))