Symphony

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NRB

Reaction score
Recently a group of guys from my car club visited the "U-Brew-It" crowd in Geelong to create some homebrew. Attached is a picture of the fermenting room... imagine the music emanating from all those airlocks. Magic.

I have no affiliation with UBI blah blah blah...

ubrewit.jpg

I hope they have CO2 alarms and floor level extraction.............

Wes

Looks rather like a scene from the film I Robot :blink:

Warren -

irobot1.jpg

NRB, if I am reading their website right they let you in to use their pro-style set up to make up a 50l batch of AG- do you know how much they charge?

"Recipe number 34, similar style to Pilsner Urquell, is $130 per brew, which is approximately 6 cartons"

from an email I got about 8 months ago, however this recipe was in their premium section so it woould be more expencive then some others..

Will give you a fair idea.

I wonder if they draw lots to see who cleans and sanitizes all of those 60 litre fermenters? :)

BTW. There's not a lot of headspace in them either. Hope they don't offer wheats or stouts. The mess would be catastrophic. :eek:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
I wonder if they draw lots to see who cleans and sanitizes all of those 60 litre fermenters? :)
[post="48688"][/post]​

Warren,

If you look closely there are actually plastic bags in the fermenters containing the wort. So at the end of the brew, biff the bag. Saves on cleaning.

Beers,
Doc

I got to get some of those bags. I am sick of cleaning fermenters. Anyone know where to get them? How do you sanitise them?

Darren said:
I got to get some of those bags. I am sick of cleaning fermenters. Anyone know where to get them? How do you sanitise them?
[post="48697"][/post]​

I'd imagine you could buy food grade plastic bags that you wouldn't need to sanitise. When I worked in a freezing works (during school hols) they used to come in big rolls. Maybe a catering supplier would be a good start.
However there is the disadvantage of not being able to use the tap.

Beers,
Doc

Thanks for pointing out the oversight Doc. :p

That makes me blind B) and them lazy ;)

(BTW Where does one aquire these bags?) :lol:

Warren -

Backlane Brewery said:
NRB, if I am reading their website right they let you in to use their pro-style set up to make up a 50l batch of AG- do you know how much they charge?
[post="48678"][/post]​

Trevor it's $120 for a batch, brewer supplies bottles. It's not AG though, as the photos below show - nice big barrels of LME.

ubrewit2.jpg
ubrewit3.jpg
ubrewit4.jpg
ubrewit5.jpg
ubrewit6.jpg

Hmm, getting less and less attractive. 2 trips to Geelong for a start!

But, hey , Ross, these guys seem to have a big barrel of that wheat syrup you were after! :)

i like that bag idea, im damn lazy and i will have to look into that....

All the U Brew IT franchises use extract - not grain - If you want AG brewing, in Brisbane there's Baccahus Brewing at Capalaba. $100 - $150 for 50L. They make some nice brews...

Back