Symphony

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

NRB

Reaction score
Recently a group of guys from my car club visited the "U-Brew-It" crowd in Geelong to create some homebrew. Attached is a picture of the fermenting room... imagine the music emanating from all those airlocks. Magic.

I have no affiliation with UBI blah blah blah...

ubrewit.jpg

wessmith

Reaction score
I hope they have CO2 alarms and floor level extraction.............

Wes

warrenlw63

Just a Hoe
Reaction score
Looks rather like a scene from the film I Robot :blink:

Warren -

irobot1.jpg

Backlane Brewery

Reaction score
NRB, if I am reading their website right they let you in to use their pro-style set up to make up a 50l batch of AG- do you know how much they charge?

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
"Recipe number 34, similar style to Pilsner Urquell, is $130 per brew, which is approximately 6 cartons"

from an email I got about 8 months ago, however this recipe was in their premium section so it woould be more expencive then some others..

Will give you a fair idea.

warrenlw63

Just a Hoe
Reaction score
I wonder if they draw lots to see who cleans and sanitizes all of those 60 litre fermenters? :)

BTW. There's not a lot of headspace in them either. Hope they don't offer wheats or stouts. The mess would be catastrophic. :eek:

Warren -

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
warrenlw63 said:
I wonder if they draw lots to see who cleans and sanitizes all of those 60 litre fermenters? :)
[post="48688"][/post]​
Warren,

If you look closely there are actually plastic bags in the fermenters containing the wort. So at the end of the brew, biff the bag. Saves on cleaning.

Beers,
Doc

Darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
I got to get some of those bags. I am sick of cleaning fermenters. Anyone know where to get them? How do you sanitise them?

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Darren said:
I got to get some of those bags. I am sick of cleaning fermenters. Anyone know where to get them? How do you sanitise them?
[post="48697"][/post]​
I'd imagine you could buy food grade plastic bags that you wouldn't need to sanitise. When I worked in a freezing works (during school hols) they used to come in big rolls. Maybe a catering supplier would be a good start.
However there is the disadvantage of not being able to use the tap.

Beers,
Doc

warrenlw63

Just a Hoe
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out the oversight Doc. :p

That makes me blind B) and them lazy ;)

(BTW Where does one aquire these bags?) :lol:

Warren -

NRB

Reaction score
Backlane Brewery said:
NRB, if I am reading their website right they let you in to use their pro-style set up to make up a 50l batch of AG- do you know how much they charge?
[post="48678"][/post]​
Trevor it's $120 for a batch, brewer supplies bottles. It's not AG though, as the photos below show - nice big barrels of LME.

ubrewit2.jpg
ubrewit3.jpg
ubrewit4.jpg
ubrewit5.jpg
ubrewit6.jpg

Backlane Brewery

Reaction score
Hmm, getting less and less attractive. 2 trips to Geelong for a start!

But, hey , Ross, these guys seem to have a big barrel of that wheat syrup you were after! :)

warb

Reaction score
i like that bag idea, im damn lazy and i will have to look into that....

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
All the U Brew IT franchises use extract - not grain - If you want AG brewing, in Brisbane there's Baccahus Brewing at Capalaba. $100 - $150 for 50L. They make some nice brews...