sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time01

Reaction score
fingers crossed socceroos make the AFC final next sat and if they do I will be coming down to sydney for the match.

was thinking of finding an area, that's near the train line out to the stadium, that has a couple of decent pubs/bars with a decent tap list and food.

surry hills looks like it fits the bill? any tips, suggestions?

the other area I was thinking of was the rocks, in particular lord nelson and harts, are they within walking distance of each other? tips suggestions?

whats the average price for a pint? say stone and wood or hop hog for example?

cheers!

Tim.

By far the two best beer places in sydney are the Royal Albert and Bitter Phew, luckily both within walking distance. . Bitter Phew has a huge range and a very nice bottle list also..

Tonnes of food about also, if your after a pub meal dove and olive, trinity and shakespeare, all within 200m of each other. They should have you covered

Dove and Olive, Keg and Brew also within spitting distance of the Albert and have great tap lists. Dove and Oilve also have good tucker. As does the Albert. Surry Hills has plenty of choices within an easy walk. As mentioned the Bitter Phew is pretty awesome too

Wow. Im a local, but I rarely get into town, but will be checking out the places above

had some great beers and a cheap feed at strawberry Hills hotel, last time we were in town, maybe worth checking too

Beer and football. My two favourite topics!

The local taphouse is great, but a small hike from the train.

I am in Surry Hills every few weeks during the A-league season and we always frequent the taphouse or recently keg and brew. I've never been to the royal Albert, thanks for the tip motch02, it will be on our list next SydneyFC home game!

my 2 fav topics as well topher!
thanks for the tips gents, looks like its surry hills then.

Back