Sydney Hbs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Reaction score
Hi There,

Just a quick question for Sydney brewers......

Where do you buy your brewing supplies from? Grain, hops, yeast etc......

Variety is the spice of life.

Cheers,
Jase

I get my bulk grain from Gerard Meares (Nothern Districts Brewing/Paddy's Brewery).
Specialty grain I get from ESB (Sydney) /Goliaths (Adelaide).
Yeast I get from The Country Brewer (Girraween).
Hops I get from NZ Hop Board/Goliaths and The Country Brewer.

Variety is the spice of life.

Beers,
Doc

I use Norther districts brewing supplies and Dave's home brew for most of my ingredients... Bunnings for most of my equipment. :)

Ive gotten grain from ESB at peakhurst.Used to go to The Brew shop at peakhurst too.

Lately Ive been buying stuff from Hop to it at Botany

I SSSSOOOOOOO want to buy Manfreds shop here in Campbelltown....Only if it was for sale!!!!

ok so whats the address and or web of hop to it also wheres paddys brewery

i have been using the coopeage at smithfield

Good Day
I buy my grains, hops, yeast and evrything else at ESB Peakhurst. If my wife can't find me she rings Mel, usually finds me there.
All the best, Barry

I am thinking of getting the Amber Ale first. Northern Districts website recommend the Burton ale yeast. Would this be suitable to make starters and then pitching into an Irish Red (website recommends Irish Ale yeast)? Or am I better off getting a British ale yeast for both?

Cheers,
Jase

I'd go WLP002 English Ale yeast. This is a great yeast I've used in many beers including Irish Reds, JS Australian Strong clone, Porters.

Doc

i am going to do the amber ale soon as well however i use WLP004. I just brewed the esb nut brown 3kg kit with WLP023.

Latest posts

Back