Sydney grain supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jello

Reaction score
Greetings,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I didn't find a similar thread.

I've decided to get back into all grain brewing and was wondering where some of the best (price and service) places to buy grain in the Sydney area. Looking to start of small with single batches of cracked grain delivered (or pick up if close enough.)

Looking for a reliable supplier which I can keep coming back to.

Sorry again. Thank you in advance.

Jello

If your down south Kirrawee home brew also affiliated with homebrew shop Peakhurst,
Marrackville hop and grain are my go to local shops.

Dave's homebrew in North Sydney and 41 Pints in North Rocks are my go to places. Both have good prices and great customer service (particularly dave's).

Thank you very much. Hop & Grain looks good and has a good range. I'll check out Dave's this evening.

Thanks again.

Brewman is my LHBS here in Newcastle. He’s one of the biggest stores in Australia by quantity, and seems to get fresh stuff in from around the world each week. I like the huge range of stuff he has, how fresh everything is and Steve has been great with a lot of technical advice.

I'd support Cloud Surfer.
Steve at Brewman is also my supplier, and has always given me great and quick service. His shipping rates are very reasonable, although I tend to personally collect my sacks of malts.
No affiliation etc etc.

I've had good experience with Brewman, but would have never ever considered ordering if going only by the appearance of the website. I only ended up purchasing from Brewman because people, who I know personally IRL, have vouched that this was a legitimate business that still operated.

I'm sure that there are many people that look at the Brewman website and then move on. It looks like it was last updated back in the days of "Designed for Netscape Navigator" badge days. 😲

+1 for Dave, recommend giving him a call, super helpful. He's website leaves something to be desired.

Thanks everyone.

Might have to give Brewman a closer look as he seems to have a good range of grain.

I've had good experience with Brewman, but would have never ever considered ordering if going only by the appearance of the website. I only ended up purchasing from Brewman because people, who I know personally IRL, have vouched that this was a legitimate business that still operated.

I'm sure that there are many people that look at the Brewman website and then move on. It looks like it was last updated back in the days of "Designed for Netscape Navigator" badge days. 😲
Living in a rural / regional area I buy from not only from NSW but Vic and Qld and had never even heard of Brewman until I read your posts and searched the name. It's a shame if the guy has good knowledge and good supplies to let a lot slide on having a bad website. A good, easy-to-use, properly maintained sight is essential these days

Back