Sydney Grain Bulk Buy [Feb 2013]

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are everyone's supplies going? I'm away til February next year, hoping to time my return with a BB.

Yeastfridge said:
How are everyone's supplies going? I'm away til February next year, hoping to time my return with a BB.
I'm hoping to fix and fill my keezer (6 kegs) over the Xmas break. Would be running low by mid march, couldn't afford it prior to that though!

Yeastfridge said:
Is this an offer to organise a bulk buy or just your expression of interest to be involved in one? If it is the latter, we could fill a dozen pallets with EOI's but the question remains as to whom will be the organiser...

NewtownClown said:
Is this an offer to organise a bulk buy or just your expression of interest to be involved in one? If it is the latter, we could fill a dozen pallets with EOI's but the question remains as to whom will be the organiser...
At the time I wrote it it was more of an expression of interest.

If nothing has happened by March I'll be settled in my own house back in Sydney and would happily try to organise or help organise something then. I'm pretty new to AHB, have never been involved in a bulk buy and have no idea what's involved with a BB in terms of getting in touch with a brew shop, whether there's a set way that bulk buys are organised here, set people who organise them or specific brew shops to go through. If it's just sticking my hand up, making a few spreadsheets, getting in touch with the brew shop and organising the money, I'd be happy to do that.

If nothing's progressed in a few weeks I'll consider getting something going myself. I can guarantee it won't be as well organised as the last one.

G'day guys I organized the last bulk buy for western Sydney and a few willing to travel from inner west. This thread is actually for the buy before that. You can still find my thread from July from the last one. I got well over 200kg of grain last time as am getting through it nicely and could do with a top up on some base malts. If you are all interested it would be easy for me to do it again as I already have all the accounts set up and a shipping company on side. If your keen PM me and we will get a pallet or two started and I will start a new thread. I also did bulk hops too.

Cheers

Back