Sydney Freak Storms

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wambesi

brewer
Reaction score
Well I hope no one was injured or major damages sustained from our "freak" and very quick storm here in Sydney tonight.
It topped off our week with out little girl in hospital for a few days with a major illness (now under control) and now a flooded garage.

Luckily everything was turned off (2 fridges and deep freezer as well as everything else) and was just high enough not to get much water into crucial areas, but we have boxes of kids clothes/toys etc which were going to be donated now damaged, not to mention all the cupboards, mowers etc sitting in 4-5cm of water.

The brewery part although flooded was mostly up of the ground on the brewstand so it should be fine.
Still quite a bit of damage to the cupboards and stuff though.

Stoopid weather.

Hey Wambesi

No rain here on the Central Coast (yet). I hope your little girl is on the mend and all is well with her. I also hop ethat the brewery did not sustain too much damage.

Unfortunately, all I can offer you to get by is the loan of an empty keg or two which I guess is not much use.

Chin up and lets hope that the rain eases up a little, that goes for our fellow brewers in Queensland

Cheers

Captain Brewer

Hey Wambesi

No rain here on the Central Coast (yet). I hope your little girl is on the mend and all is well with her. I also hop ethat the brewery did not sustain too much damage.

Unfortunately, all I can offer you to get by is the loan of an empty keg or two which I guess is not much use.

Chin up and lets hope that the rain eases up a little, that goes for our fellow brewers in Queensland

Cheers

Captain Brewer

Ta mate, nothing needed here though apart from some new cupboards I think to hold everything as two of them are made from that MDF/chipboard stuff which goes nuts with water from what I've seen so far. As we "downsized" in house on our move here last year the garage is the excess storage area as well as brewery and everything else.

Rain is gone here though, I don't think it lasted much more than 30mins but geez it did some damage, a whole stack of people around the area (Liverpool) have got flooding around the place - mind you not as bad as other areas in the country at the moment so I can't complain too much.

We copped it here in Stanmore, now there's clear skies....

I haven't been downstairs to check the garage yet.......but it's never had issues before.....

Just saw the images on the news.
Wow, you guys really copped it.
Nothing at all up here in the North West other than a little disturbance to the TV HD signal.
Hope everyone survived intact.

Doc

Geeze only left the city at 7.15pm on the train...must have really dumped after that.

House sitting at Emu Heights this week. Not a drop here.

Guildford copped it though. My beagle got to hang out upstairs all night cos she gets scared in storms.

Back