Quantcast

Sydney Drivers,is This Legit?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Linz

Well-Known Member
Joined
11/12/02
Messages
2,609
Reaction score
4
I got this from my reliable source, my e-mail....

I will be checking a few out tomorrow

New speed cameras which will be permanently mounted on telegraph poles
and the like. They are very small, don't use a flash and will be
working day and night..
>
>They are at:
>
>Canterbury Road, Revesby
>River Rd to Mavis St North East & Mavis St to River Rd South West
>
>Milperra Road, Milperra
>Henry Lawson Dr to Cooraban Rd & Cooraban Rd to Henry Lawson Dr
>
>Hume Hwy, Yagoona
>Brancourt Ave to Cooper Rd North East & Strickland St to Rookwood
Rd
South
>West
>
>Hume Hwy, Bass Hill -
>Miller Rd to Chester Hill Rd North East & Strickland St to Arundel
St

>South West
>
>Bayview Ave, Earlwood -
>Undercliff Ln to Highcliff Rd South West
>
>Homer Street, Earlwood
>Wellington St to Bayview Ave West North
>
>King Street, Ashbury -
>Second Ave to Melville St West & North Palace St to Trevenar St East
South
>
>Lilyfield Road, Leichhardt
>Hubert St to Mary St North East & Henry St to James St South West
>
>Darley Road, Leichhardt
>Lyell St to Allen St East South & Allen St to Lyall St West North
>
>New Canterbury Rd, Lewisham
>Morton Av to Toothill St North East, Toothill St to Frazer St South
>West
>
>Hume Hwy, Liverpool
>Elizabeth Dr to Memorial Ave North West, Campbell St to Moore St
South
>
>Heckenberg Ave, Heckenberg
>Robin Rd to Tooma Pl North West , Johns Rd to Tooma Pl South East
>
>Lalor Rd, Quakers Hill
>Wilson St to Sunnyholt Rd North East Sunnyholt Rd to Towilson St
South
>
>The Horsley Drive, Fairfield
>Polding St to Nelson St South East Nelson St to Polding St North West
>
>Bungarribee Rd, Blacktown
>Hereward Hwy North West Ross St to Flushcombe Rd South West
>
>Pitt Street, Merrylands
>Birmingham St to Victoria St South East, Victoria St to Birmingham St
>
>Sunnyholt Rd, Blacktown
>Steel St to Forge St South East Turner St to Stephen St North West
>
>Windsor Road, Northmead
>Anderson Rd to Martha Ave South East Whitehaven Rd to Moir Ave North
>West
>
>Barclay Road, North Rocks
>Perry St to Hepburn Rd North East Hepburn Rd to Perry St South West
>
>O'Connell St, Parramatta
>Victoria Rd to George St East South George St to Victoria Rd West
North
>
>Seven Hills Rd, Baulkham Hills Hilda Rd to Merindah Rd Sth West
>Merindah Rd to Hilda Rd Nth East
>
>Castlereagh Rd, Penrith
>Coreen Ave to Peach Tree St East South Peach Tree St to Coreen Ave
West
>
>Mamre Road, St Marys
>Mitchell St to Saddington St East South John St to Saddington St West
>
>Luxford Street, Whalan
>Sands St to Salmana St South West
>
>Princes Hwy, Engadine -
>Mianga St to Engadine Rd East South Engadine Rd to Mianga St West
North
>
>Ramsgate Road, Ramsgate
>Targo Rd to Vaudan St South West
>
>THESE CAMERAS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED IN FIXED POSITIONS. THE FILM IS
>CHANGED EVERY 2 WEEKS.
 

kungy

Well-Known Member
Joined
28/10/03
Messages
263
Reaction score
0
I'd take this with a grain of salt. Speed cameras aren't analogue, they use digital film.

Will
 

ozbrewer

im ozzing flab
Joined
11/4/05
Messages
624
Reaction score
0
Linz a very similar email went around victoria last year, it was a hoax........some say it was generated from the police HQ as a scare tactic....who knows
 

Linz

Well-Known Member
Joined
11/12/02
Messages
2,609
Reaction score
4
Linz said:
I got this from my reliable source, my e-mail....

I will be checking a few out tomorrow

New speed cameras which will be permanently mounted on telegraph poles
and the like. They are very small, don't use a flash and will be
working day and night..
>South West
>
>Bayview Ave, Earlwood -
>Undercliff Ln to Highcliff Rd South West
>
>Homer Street, Earlwood
>Wellington St to Bayview Ave West North
>
>King Street, Ashbury -
>Second Ave to Melville St West & North Palace St to Trevenar St East
South
>
>Lilyfield Road, Leichhardt
>Hubert St to Mary St North East & Henry St to James St South West
>
>Darley Road, Leichhardt
>Lyell St to Allen St East South & Allen St to Lyall St West North
>
>New Canterbury Rd, Lewisham
>Morton Av to Toothill St North East, Toothill St to Frazer St South
>West
>

THESE CAMERAS HAVE BEEN INSTALLED IN FIXED POSITIONS. THE FILM IS
>CHANGED EVERY 2 WEEKS.
[post="74500"][/post]​

The "fishy" meter went off with the first part of being "very small", and the last part of ""film changed every two weeks"

The ones that are left are in the areas where I grew up and where I work(being mobile), which got the hackles going up in the first place.
 

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Joined
7/12/02
Messages
7,713
Reaction score
38
Location
Sydney
I saw that email about 3-4 years ago Linz.
It is BS.

Beers,
Doc
 

redbeard

Sth Seas Pirate Brewery
Joined
23/1/05
Messages
1,132
Reaction score
8
most current & all new speed cameras are digital. the old ones store the pics on a data cartidge which is swapped every 1 or 2 weeks, depending on how popular it is. the new ones are linked via isdn/dsl back to rta data centre for processing. i thought that rta was only allowed cameras in black spots thou rta policy now seems more influenced by treasury rather than safety.
 

crow

Well-Known Member
Joined
4/11/04
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Wouldn't it make more sense for the RTA to build decent roads in the first place. You know, roads with overtakng lanes, without negative camber on corners etc etc. But that would mean them taking responsibilities for their actions - and we couldn't have any of that could we now. Much better to say that driving 5km over an arbitrary limit kills.
 

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Joined
14/5/04
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1
crow said:
Wouldn't it make more sense for the RTA to build decent roads in the first place. You know, roads with overtakng lanes, without negative camber on corners etc etc. But that would mean them taking responsibilities for their actions - and we couldn't have any of that could we now. Much better to say that driving 5km over an arbitrary limit kills.
[post="74539"][/post]​
You forgot to mention the positive safety aspects of speed camera paranoia: by constantly peering at your speedo to make sure you aren't 3km/h over the limit, you place yourself in an ideal position to be saved by your airbag when you run into something.

Road safety Australia, proudly fundraising since 1989. Thier new slogan is "don't watch the road, watch your speed".
 

Busboy

Pro
Pro
Joined
26/4/05
Messages
143
Reaction score
9
Location
Sydney
That chain email has been doing the rounds for a couple of years now. As the others have said, it's all BS. In NSW it's policy to put signs up warning drivers that the fixed speed camera is there. Even those signs stating "Speed Cameras Are Used In NSW" don't mean a thing. It's just part of a scare campaign. It's much cheaper for the government to scare the public into believing that "Speed Kills!" than to provide decent roads and proper driver education. Also, it's a nice little earner for the government coffers.
 

Latest posts

Top