Sydney Craft Beer Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

///

Reaction score
Just checking you all know about this;

http://sydneycraftbeerweek.com/

October 22-29. Stuff happening everywhere. Same format as Good Beer Week, just warmer and in Sydney :drinks:

Be there or be ... sober!

Scotty

Looking forward to that beer festival in the rocks next month :icon_cheers:

Damm shame ive got 26/27th Oct off,i know there weekdays but is anyone keen??

Thanks for the heads-up scotty, i'll plan that (drunken?) week accordingly!

Don't mean to rub it in, but i'm not working that week...

Not 100% sure what i'll be attending yet, but will be aiming for-

Mediaeval feast (22nd)
Extreme beer (25th)
Schwartz Beer & burgers (26th)
Beer festival (29th), but only for the first hour after opening cos it turns into an absolute shitfight after then. And there wasn't even any particularly good beers last year- i think the event is turning/has turned into a sellout. I'd much rather spend a few hours at the Local Taphouse or Lord Nelson without the crowds with MUCH better beer. But maybe i'm just a beer snob, or something?!

Would be nice to meet up with a few other Sydney AHB'ers to put some faces to the names! Especially for the Schwartz or Beerfest.

Mikk.

We have our ticketing sorted. We also have a bunch of beer over the festival weekend, last time we went thru about 20 kegs on the Sat!

Mediaeval feast booked, & will prob do the Schwartz's Beer & Burgers too.

May the Schwartz be with me...

Went to Beer Festival at the Australian yesterday.

I turned up at 3PM and when I saw the thousands of people there I nearly turned around and went home (I hate crowds). Glad I didnt though, once I met up with my friends and found a quietish spot to stand it was well worth it. $10 for 10 x 100mL samples of beer, (and most of the time they pour you more) was great value! Especially if you get stuck into the bigger beers / IPA's. :beerbang:

MUCH better than last year as it attracted a lot more micro's, as all the kegs were pre-purchased by the hotel so the brewers had turned up to pretty much just serve and talk shop. Hopinator & Temptress Porter from Holgate and Murrays 2icon IPA were the winners in my book.

They could have done without the bogan rock cover band though. My only gripe.

Thats what we did yesterday. Turned our noses up at the idea of heading down for the festival and fighting the crowds drinking thimble measures of beer and hit the Darlo Taphouse instead.

Needless to say Im a bit shabby this morning.

Did my bit for Sydney and hit up the Festival yesterday.

Good to see some new/different breweries amongst it. Some good beers on show; Pinch Guts RAW Pilsner a particular highlight for me.

Twas at the Syd festival yesterday, a bit disappointed that most stalls only had there standard beers on so not much new to try.

Enjoyed the Rocks IPA and Holgate Road Trip.

If anyone saw a blind man with a cane, that was probablly me, sorry if I knocked you over. LOL

Also attended the Sips and Snacks at Beer Cartel, which was good especially as I won the tickets, must remember to look where things are before winning them though!

Spent the arvo at the beer festival in the rocks. Got in early grabbed a table, ended up with too much sun, the burleigh hef was quite tasty. Holgate did quite well also, great arvo, particularly so early. The Hop dog Belgian lawnmower was also memorable..

Back