Sydney Bulk Grain Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
n87 said:
If i dont get someone else to pick up for me, I work in the Maq park area.
n87,

Did you end up deciding how you were going to pick it up? Were you able to grab a bag for me and I could pick it up from you in Macq Park?

Very much appreciated if you can!

Cheers.

beer999 said:
I'll be making the trek down from Newcastle. I'm happy to transport other brewer's sacks back to Newcastle if that'll help anyone.
Pratty1 was going to grab mine for me and drop them by as he works in the area, but if you have extra space then might be easier if someone local gets them anyway

Guess we can work it out when this bulk buy eventually reaches the numbers ;)

SBOB said:
Pratty1 was going to grab mine for me and drop them by as he works in the area, but if you have extra space then might be easier if someone local gets them anyway

Guess we can work it out when this bulk buy eventually reaches the numbers ;)
Not a problem SBOB. I can easily carry a dozen bags in my car, but if we have more I can borrow a 1 tonne ute instead.

thuperman said:
n87,

Did you end up deciding how you were going to pick it up? Were you able to grab a bag for me and I could pick it up from you in Macq Park?

Very much appreciated if you can!

Cheers.
Provided i am free on the date, i do plan on picking up.
Will need to wait for it to fill up to finalise.

Going in for 2 bags if pratty or 999 can get them to Newy I would appreciate it very much!

Edit: also happy to go the remaining two to get this done, will check back in a day or two and add if they aren't taken.

madawoods said:
I get that, but under the Thomas Fawcett 'brand' on the price list is Maris Otter Pale and Fawcetts Maris Otter Pale, so I'm assuming they're both TF, so what's the difference? Is one floor malted and therefore more expensive?
Hi I'm aussie brewer mate who helped him setup the spread sheet and whatnot. looking over the price list from the supplier some of the TF Malts are actually Baird Malts, so the TF Maris Otter Pale would be Bairds Malt, and Fawcetts Maris Otter is Thomas Fawcett, and yes Fawcett malts are floor malted.

Am I too late?? Wouldn't mind 1 x bag of Maris Otter, 1 x Pilsner. If I am too late that is fine, can wait for another. Anthony

Lyons said:
Hi I'm aussie brewer mate who helped him setup the spread sheet and whatnot. looking over the price list from the supplier some of the TF Malts are actually Baird Malts, so the TF Maris Otter Pale would be Bairds Malt, and Fawcetts Maris Otter is Thomas Fawcett, and yes Fawcett malts are floor malted.
Aussie Brewer, if this is the case I am looking for the genuine Fawcett maris otter floor malted. The wrong one would have been selected.

Moad said:
Going in for 2 bags if pratty or 999 can get them to Newy I would appreciate it very much!
No problems Moad. Anyone else who wants a pick up PM me.

Lyons said:
Can the spreadsheet be fixed? If not, is the $77 TF Marris Otter Pale in fact Bairds Marris Otter, or is it just Bairds pale?

Kingy said:
Won't be long before Newcastle has there own bulk grain buy.
I think we are almost there, between Newcastle and the hunter (A few guys in Singleton and Muswellbrook) I definitely think we could do it.

Once I get through this lot of grain I may organise one. Brewman might be able to facilitate a bulk buy too.

madawoods said:
Can the spreadsheet be fixed? If not, is the $77 TF Marris Otter Pale in fact Bairds Marris Otter, or is it just Bairds pale?
I have unlocked the sheet for last minute changes because of the Fawcett stuffup

with the "Joe White/Best Matlz/Simpson Pallet" not getting muhc tracktion going to just end it here, and just get the other pallet sorted out.

the guys on the joe white pallet i will PM and let know if we have the grains they wanted.

so if everyone in the buy can Pm me your phone number for organising pick up and payment.

Cheers

aussie brewer said:
I have unlocked the sheet for last minute changes because of the Fawcett stuffup
I'm still unsure if it's Bairds Marris Otter - if it is there's no problem and I'm ready to go.

Back