Sydney Bulk Grain Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A.B. said:
Any Canberra brewers viewing this thread want to get in on it? Maybe share the cost of driving/transport?
There is usually a few guys that come up from there. Otherwise we can usually get it to Goulburn with Jurt depending on volume. I'm sure he won't mind me signing him up for that hahaha

A.B. said:
Any Canberra brewers viewing this thread want to get in on it? Maybe share the cost of driving/transport?
There is usually a few guys that come up from there. Otherwise we can usually get it to Goulburn with Jurt depending on volume. I'm sure he won't mind me signing him up for that hahaha

A.B, i might be able to help with transport as I'm working out of Hume for the about another 5 weeks. Been there since Feb but its winding up soon so if all is well and the delivery comes before i finish up i will be happy to bring your order down for you. Also staying at Narrabundah during the week if thats closer. Cheers.

Cheers mate, unfortunately a couple of big bills just came in. Thanks for the offer of help though.

I will probably be keen I'm just in the middle of moving from Sydney to Port Macquarie. I'll be keen if it gets close to wrapping up in the next month as I'll be back and forth a lot of weekends until September.

Peakey said:
I will probably be keen I'm just in the middle of moving from Sydney to Port Macquarie. I'll be keen if it gets close to wrapping up in the next month as I'll be back and forth a lot of weekends until September.
Hopefully it is wrapped up by then mate.

I'm in for a bag of BB Pale, added to the spreadsheet.

Count me in for a bag of BB Pale, added to the spreadsheet, cheers, John
PM sent

aussie brewer said:
Come on guys 20 bags to go till one pallet is full.
Aussie I'm about to add a number of bags to get this going again, can someone explain to me the difference between maris otter and fawcetts maris otter?

samwakeling said:
Im in for a bag. I have added it.

Is anyone interested in splitting a bag of Munich and/or Crystal?

I also live close to north ryde and would be interested in carpooling a pick up if possible!
Sam, I'm up for splitting a bag of Munich (pref weyermann) if you are up for it

madawoods said:
can someone explain to me the difference between maris otter and fawcetts maris otter?
Maris Otter is the name of the barley variety. Fawcetts is the brand.

I'll add a couple of bags, being new to the forums I'm not sure if there are any others from up Port Macquarie way but I could pick up for others (within reason as I only have a hatch).

SPS said:
Maris Otter is the name of the barley variety. Fawcetts is the brand.
I get that, but under the Thomas Fawcett 'brand' on the price list is Maris Otter Pale and Fawcetts Maris Otter Pale, so I'm assuming they're both TF, so what's the difference? Is one floor malted and therefore more expensive?

I'm up for half a dozen sacks of JW malt - added to the spreadsheet. If it ain't gonna happen on this pallet, I'll switch to the Weyermann/BB/TF pallet if needs be.

I'll be making the trek down from Newcastle. I'm happy to transport other brewer's sacks back to Newcastle if that'll help anyone.

Let's go NSW Brewers, get your malt at bulk bug prices.

I love bulk bug pricing, buying bugs one at a time is way too expensive ;)

madawoods said:
I get that, but under the Thomas Fawcett 'brand' on the price list is Maris Otter Pale and Fawcetts Maris Otter Pale, so I'm assuming they're both TF, so what's the difference? Is one floor malted and therefore more expensive?
Ok, I missed that. Good question. I would like to know too as I have a bag of MO in the spreadsheet. Their website shows two types, a regular MO pale malt and a low colour MO. I'm guessing the more expensive one would be low colour but that's just a guess. Matt do you know or could you find out?

Latest posts

Back