Sydney: Brew Meetup Saturday 22nd Of January

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BjornJ

Reaction score
Hi all,
who's up for a brew meetup in January?

The northern beaches brew club is holding a Big Brew Day, hoping to get brewers from all over Sydney to come over for a beer and a BBQ.

Time: Saturday 22nd of January, from noon to 6 PM

Place: Oxford Falls Peace Park, Dreadnought road, Oxford Falls, NSW

oxford_falls.png

Flyer:

big_brew_day.jpg

View attachment Big_Brew_Day_Poster.pdf

more info:
http://www.northernbeachesbrewclub.com/big_brew_day.htm

Come along for a beer and spend a few hours talking brewing and beer!

Northern Beaches Brew Club

Attachments

• Big_Brew_Day_Poster.pdf
    98.7 KB
  • Big_Brew_Day_Poster2.jpg
    Big_Brew_Day_Poster2.jpg
    178.7 KB
just shamelessly bumping this for the evening crowd :)

Bjorn

thanks guys,
hope to see you there on the day!

Bjorn

Dave's homebrew was kind enough to donate some beer books as prizes for the beer competiton on Saturday.

And Mike from Ekim Brewery said he'll have a look around for something as well.

Sweet :D

Bjorn

Hey Bjorn,

How did the day go mate? Great weather for a BBQ and beer!!!

Sorry I couldnt make it, anyway, hope all turned out well.

Adam

Dave's homebrew was kind enough to donate some beer books as prizes for the beer competiton on Saturday.

And Mike from Ekim Brewery said he'll have a look around for something as well.

Sweet :D

Bjorn

good day glad to meet everyone that i did.

So, any stories?

I couldn't make it cos I was playing cricket. Scored my first century ever today. 113* in an unbeaten opening stand of 192. We came back after losing 1st innings last week to take the outright points.

Wish I could've been there...

Had to lawn bowl instead...

We beat those Manly Vale mugs, so a worthwhile day all the same.

Hope everyone had a top day, the weather was brilliant for it...

Hi guys,
we had a great day at the park!

We brewed a couple of beers, we had a bbq and a meat raffle (Thanks Brendan!).

Ekim brewery and Dave's homebrew donated prizes to the competition, it was great fun all around.

Jason managed to only slightly hurt himself, much better than at the case swap :D

thanks
Bjorn

was that when he was humping the tree????

So, any stories?

I couldn't make it cos I was playing cricket. Scored my first century ever today. 113* in an unbeaten opening stand of 192. We came back after losing 1st innings last week to take the outright points.

:icon_offtopic:

Brewing more important than cricket? What is the world coming too?! :eek:

Seriously, cracking a ton AWESOME! :beerbang: Well done! :beer: That feeling won't go away for a long time. (I imagine! Being a bowler myself. 7/18 off 18ov with the first 2 balls going for 4, and the second last also going for 4, would be somewhat equalivant).

So, any stories?

Congratulations on that Josh!
Next time we choose the beers, ok?
:D

Bjorn

Congratulations on that Josh!
Next time we choose the beers, ok?
:D

Bjorn
Hey Bjorn,
Yeah shame I couldn't make it mate but next meet my GF will have her P's so she'll be able to drive me there so I can drink!

Cheers,

Clint

was that when he was humping the tree????

I think we had a couple of smaller incidents, like climbing the gum tree for the ball, or going for a flying mark of the ball and landing flat on his back.
That one looked painful! And by then he was already bleeding on the ankle from something else, so either way he had fun and gave it all!

We had a good day for sure, and glad that several of the ISB'er had time to come over.

thanks
Bjorn

Not a problem, look forward to seeing some of you at our next one.

We couldn't have asked for a better day!

As this was the clubs first Open/Brew day I think it went very well. Some of brewers (and "would be brewers") spouses with kids came along (no open fires were used for the brews) to find out all about the "secret" men's brewing business. The venue offers lots of open space for everyone to roam.

A big thanks our organisers and to our fellow brewers from other brew clubs, mainly ISB, and the ones who came along interested in brewing or already brew, but do not belong to a club.

You all helped to make the afternoon a success.

I attach a few pic's. If you are interested I will publish more on our website http://northernbeachesbrewclub.com/pictures.htm

Peter

DSC_0186.jpgDSC_0188.jpgDSC_0190.jpgDSC_0191.jpgDSC_0194.jpg[attac
hment=43555:DSC_0197.jpg]

Attachments

• DSC_0197.jpg
    DSC_0197.jpg
    211.1 KB
Great pics, Peter.

Thanks for posting them.
Marie was going to send some as well.

Sorry, to clear up my previous post, stuntman Jason is the one in the green t-shirt, not Jason R brewing with a cap on.

He just emailed asking what the falling comments was for, sorry about that :lol:

Bjorn

Sounds like you had a top day! Pity i had renovations already lined up & couldn't make it :(

Beers
Croz

PS why is that door holding Barls up? :D

Back