• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

SYDNEY: Birko Urn + Much More

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axiom

Reaction score
Selling an electric urn and lots of extras for those interested in building a home brewery. I had to stop brewing a couple of years agho, and never got to build the dream rig. Sadly due to health issues it's unlikely
I will ever pick it up again, so the last of my gear has to go.

Going for $450, as one lot. Reluctant to split sale.

40 Litre Electric Urn, Birko brand. Sight glass removed to minimise contamination

Quick-Release fittings, all 1/2" and 316 Stainless Steel
  • 3 x 1pc Ball Valves (one is fitted to the urn)
  • 3 x Male QR to Female 1/2"
  • 2 x Male QR to Male 1/2"
  • 4 x Female QR to Barb
  • 3 x Barb to Male 1/2"
  • 2 x Barb to Female 1/2"
  • 1 x Male/Male/Male 1/2" T-Piece
  • 1 x Female/Female 1/2" joiner
  • 4 x nuts to suit
Tubing
Approx 2.4 metres of high temperature, food grade, thick walled silicone hose, as a single length. This suits
the fittings above.

Temperature Control
  • 1 x STC-100 - never used, never wired up, still in box
  • 1 x Stainless Steel temperature probe with 1/2" fitting
  • 1 x Hobby box to suit STC-100, brand new still wrapped up
  • Various cables, terminal blocks, plugs etc to wire it up (whatever I can find, the buyer gets)
Measurement:
  • 1 x Refractometer
  • 1 x Digital PH Pen (not pictured, but it's a cheapie)

Plus if I find anything else brew or brewery related, I'll throw it in. As it stands, please refer to the list above for what is included. Photos if anyone wants them, please let me know and I will try and work out how to take and upload photos to this page.

I'm also selling a 2-fermenter-capacity 'all-fridge' + extras, which I will try to list tomorrow as a separate sale.

Will sell for $350, for urgent sale.

The fittings are cam-lock style.

A great setup for someone looking to get in to AG. And probably the first step in the slippery slope that is AG.

I'l try and post some photos tomorrow.

I forgot to add, this sale will include a 'Brown Pump' , the type that Craftbrewer sell. I believe it operates on 12volt. Brand new, I have never used it.

Hi there Axiom, just wondering if you are still trying to sell the urn??

Tentatively sold, pending pickup on Thursday. Thanks for everyone's interest.

Back