Sydney Ahb Meet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeard

Sth Seas Pirate Brewery
Reaction score
Gerard_M
I will be looking at getting down to the London in Balmain in a few weeks time, as they have IMHO the best drop of Coopers around.

sounds like a good xmas syd ahb beer meet to me. anyone else interested ? what date ?

cheers

Sounds cool, I can catch a ferry to Balmain, and The London is down towards the wharf end of Darling Street.
When?
James

I'd be up for a coupla ales..... :beerbang:

starting to roll......
Gerard.. redbeard....? did you have any date or time in mind.?

im a possible so long as im not otherwise busy or at work

I was thinking Saturday Dec 3rd around 2pm.
I have my mother-in-law up for the weekend to go X-Mass shopping, so I know they won't want me along for that!
Cheers
Gerard

Could we make it somewhere in the city so that its easy to get to/find?

For a lot of youngins on pub transport, its very difficult to get to randwick balmain ect....

Also people down south would have trouble as well.

balmain sounds ok by me. it isnt that far from the cbd - a bus / ferry ride. us 'older' types also use the pub transport :p

cbd is better for me, but i dont mind the odd excursion .... :beerbang:

If somebody could post how to get their for PT users that would be great..... Am actually in that area for a fishing trip on the 17th but thats @ 6 in the morning so will be cabbing it with mates.

Free beer but its going to be hard to go back to it after my HB :(

Drew...
just jump a ferry from nearly any city wharf (darling harbour or Circ Quay etc).. to Balmain East Wharf (Darling Street) then its just a short walk up the hill..... :eek:
or jump a bus if feeling lazy :blink:

I'm in as long as I'm free whatever day it ends up being...

im out for that day as homebake is on and ill be there front row

re the public transport, a good choice for those of us without drivers and like the drink, check out

Transport Infoline

Scroll down and you can enter where you are, where you want to go and it will tell you how to do it.

Doc can you punt this topic to it's correct foum please, that will make it easier to find!

The reason for catching up at the London is they have 3 different Coopers beers on tap, & they are always in good shape. :beer: You can have a feed at the pub or wander over to the Balmain markets directly opposite the pub, which has some very interesting foods to try. The view from the verandah at The London will leave you in no doubt as to what city you are in.
Cheers
Gerard

Please note that I have used the word verandah twice on this forum today. Boring but true!

Gerard_M said:
Doc can you punt this topic to it's correct foum please, that will make it easier to find!

Done.

Beers,
Doc

If you're meeting on the 3rd Dec a live hookup via the net with the Queensland brewers at Ross's would be funny. That's if someone has a lappie with an wireless ISP like unwired or similar.

Gerard_M said:
I was thinking Saturday Dec 3rd around 2pm.
I have my mother-in-law up for the weekend to go X-Mass shopping, so I know they won't want me along for that!
Cheers
Gerard
[post="92421"][/post]​

Bugger. Wifes Xmas Party that arvo.
Have a few for me.

Beers,
Doc

ohhhh there goes our live hook up....!!
surely Doc would have been more than keen to sort that out.
(with maybe temp probes for each members schooner) :p

Back