SYD - Young Henrys Home Brew Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few questions Richard,

1. Is there any actual entry form, or is it DIY,
2. I'm assuming it's free to enter?
3. How many entries can we submit?
4. Will there be judging notes?

Cheers
Pete

I'm really looking forward to this comp, & have a few styles in mind that i think would be great! It would be freakin sweet to have a 'seasonal' beer of your own brewed commercially, & failing getting Best of Show at the NSW AABC or similar, this is the best chance.

Also, it's not just about coming up with the best beer, it's about coming up with an 'appropriate' beer which also happens to be awesome.

Hi Guys,

DIY entry form. Name, Deets (I hate that term but love Bondi Hipsters - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iemU2p3qIrY), bust size, and your 25 word description.

It's free.

You can enter as many times as you like.

If you want feedback please give us your email address.

Any more questions fire away.

I've been busily cleaning all the tank the last couple of days. Looking forward to finally dropping a brew myself.

Not exactly sure what "Beers can be of any style, but must sit alongside our range" means?

Does it mean
1. Goes nicely to compliment this range, but dont brew the same style

or

something else?

Young Henrys range is from Vienna Lager to Stout. So if they can be any style, what dictates sitting alongside the range?

I think it means dont brew a Kellerbier, Best Bitter, Vienna Lager or Stout...

I'm going to brew something that catches the essence of Newtown, alternative/funky/earthy, touch of ink, the aroma of King st and latex, served in a gothic goblet

(for the record, I'm a fan of the place)

I'm going to brew something that catches the essence of Newtown, alternative/funky/earthy, touch of ink, the aroma of King st and latex, served in a gothic goblet

Filtered through the thickest dreads.

A big fan of Newy too.

DJ is spot on. We will have a Keller, Best Bitter, Vienna Lager and a Stout on the taps so I'll be looking for something that's different to these.

Sounds good Mikedub and Petesbrew. My earliest memories of Newtown are sneaking into gigs at the Lansdowne and the Sando underage to see bands such as Roaring Jack, the Celibate Rifles, Died Pretty etc, then driving home late at night bruised, ears ringing, and covered in sweat (mostly my own).

So you're going to squeeze the carpet from the Townie into a fermenter?

I might put a bottle into this just for shits and giggles.

DJ is spot on. We will have a Keller, Best Bitter, Vienna Lager and a Stout on the taps so I'll be looking for something that's different to these.

Sounds good Mikedub and Petesbrew. My earliest memories of Newtown are sneaking into gigs at the Lansdowne and the Sando underage to see bands such as Roaring Jack, the Celibate Rifles, Died Pretty etc, then driving home late at night bruised, ears ringing, and covered in sweat (mostly my own).

ah Died Pretty - D.C. is a gorgeous track,

Anyone remember Magic Lunchbox?

Anyone remember Magic Lunchbox?

heard of them,
speaking of magic, I did work with Magic Dirt Once back in the late 90's. think the lead Adilita had a bit of a solo career afterwards,

hard to go to pub gigs these days, being old(er) and out of the now crowd.. plus a being a beer snob,

heard of them,
speaking of magic, I did work with Magic Dirt Once back in the late 90's. think the lead Adilita had a bit of a solo career afterwards,

hard to go to pub gigs these days, being old(er) and out of the now crowd.. plus a being a beer snob,
:icon_offtopic: Why? Your location is Inner West, so it'd be easier for you than it is for me to come down from Mona Vale to shows, and Mrs ******* and I probably go to at least 2 shows a month. You can even get good beer from Vintage Cellars at Anandale if you go to one of the BYO shows at BlackWire.

I'm 40, being old doesn't mean you need to stop supporting local live music.

/rant

young pups - Surfside Six and Numbers!

Time for a bex and a lie down I think :unsure:

Maybe HRH Peter Fenton from Crow
could be one of the judges?

Keeping with the Newtown theme - Thai Basil and Chilli beer... you know you want to :)

Could be good for a laugh, there is a few popular beer styles NOT part of the 4 there

Back