• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Swap For 6 Pk Of Ag Brew: 18 Litre Urn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
I have an 18 litre urn, which I scored but don't need. It passed an elec test and I was able to boil water in it but the plug got very hot and possibly melted some of the insulation inside.

Some of the wiring is hard brittle and rusty so it needs to be changed over for silicone wiring and the contacts all cleaned up.
It also has a few rivet holes at the top that need fixing. I just dont have the time and dont really need it.

So I will swap it for a 6 pack of some HB.

Pick up Dandenong (Sth Gippy Hwy) business hours or Frankston after hours.

View attachment 52819

I have removed your other thread referring to why this one was deleted :huh: . Please at least search your own posts before posting new threads.,

Life insurance included!!?? Sounds like a death trap

I have removed your other thread referring to why this one was deleted :huh: . Please at least search your own posts before posting new threads.,

I did search my own posts and didnt see it thats why I created the new thread. Ive since found out that if you start a new topic its not considered a post and does not appear in your recent posts...But who knew???

Thank you.

Yes it has an exposed element.

Like I said it passed an elec test and boiled water no worries but some of the wires are just standard wire and have gone hard and need to be replaced with silicone wire. There's some rust on the spade connectors and Im guessing this is what caused the plug to get hot.

If someone is interested in it but needs help in fixing it up, I could probably get one of my workshop guys to fix it up.

Yes it has an exposed element.

Like I said it passed an elec test and boiled water no worries but some of the wires are just standard wire and have gone hard and need to be replaced with silicone wire. There's some rust on the spade connectors and Im guessing this is what caused the plug to get hot.

If someone is interested in it but needs help in fixing it up, I could probably get one of my workshop guys to fix it up.

See how you go with others on the forum.
If you get stuck with it i may be interested. I dont really need it, but am building a new shiny thing and am collecting shiny bits and pieces..

See how you go with others on the forum.
If you get stuck with it i may be interested. I dont really need it, but am building a new shiny thing and am collecting shiny bits and pieces..

how many ducks could you fit in there 'duck shagger'

Back