Survey: Kegs From U.s.

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mchitiea

To all those that have RECEIVED their keg orders from C&C in California:
Please post:
1. How long it took for kegs to arrive,
2. Condition of kegs

Thank you,
Matt Chitiea

It was with some trepidation that i ordered 20 or so kegs from usedequip (I was a first time ebayer) ... 5 boxes of kegs in good condition (all holding pressure - and with seal kits provided) arrived roughly 10 weeks after placing my order ;)

I can only report positively on my usedequip experience ...if I had to rely on my local HBS (2 in 400km) for kegs I would be paying over $100 per item.

I currently have 2 10L kegs on order from BD ...so I am following the keg supply posts with great interest.

For me the reality is if it werent for these US suppliers, I would still be stuffing around washing bottles ... :unsure: :blink:

i ordered 4 x 5 gal kegs from c&c on 15 dec and they arrived yesterday (Feb 5 2005). all are oval spartanburg challengers. reasonable condition for used kegs. all have pepsi labels / stickers on them.

1. 7 weeks
2. reasonable condition

I ordered from the Brewersdiscount side of things but:
1. 9-10 weeks (you've just got to forget about them and let it all happen ;), then one day you get a surprise :D)
2. Very good, I'm all happy with mine.

They arrived well packed, 3X3G kegs to a box. And my extra bits and pieces that I ordered were bagged up and taped to one of the kegs so that if the box got damaged and torn open my bits wouldn't fall out. Nice thinking. I ordered from Brewersdiscount-mainly because I wanted to make sure I didn't get racetrack lids but I also wanted some other goodies.

The scariest part of the whole transaction is when Australia Post left the big box of kegs on my front door step for any low life to walk away with. They always bloody do that.

Personally, I'd just like to thank C&C/Brewersdiscount for taking the time to ship items to Australia. Many businesses in the states don't/cant be bothered/too much trouble- to ship items internationally and that can be a real pity/PITA (I'm not thinking of just homebrewing shops and items, I have many other interests too). I'm sorry for those of you that may have had trouble with your order, but if the problems and complaints keep coming in then maybe they will stop shipping to Australia and that would be a bummer.

Hope it all gets sorted out and we can go back to brewing beer and enjoying it.

Cheers guys, Justin

I ordered 2 and they arrived in good time 8 weeks or less
They where clean and slightly battered but very usable

I'm happy.

I've ordered numerous times from C&C and their affiliated company BD. In all I've ordered 12 x 5gallon kegs and 24 x 3gallon kegs (not all for me).

On average it has taen 8-10 weeks for the kegs to arrive, which I accept as a reasonable amount of time for the cheapest postal option. If I wanted them sooner I would simply pay more.

I've been very happy with the kegs. The 5 gallon kegs in particular were in top condition. I paid a little extra for these from BD, the rebuilt kegs which are advitised as in excellent condition, and they were (again you get what you pay for). The 3 gallon kegs were not quite as good but still acceptable (I presume there are less for C&C and BD to choose from).

What I've really liked about these guys, is that they've tried to match the type of kegs in each order. Even when I've ordered loads in one go and they haven't been able to match the whole order, at least each box of 4 were matched (eg all metal handle 3 gallon kegs or all plastic handle kegs).

My final comment is that we are ordering from the US because they're the cheapest. If you want more hands on customer service and quicker delivery times, go to your LHBS and pay what they're asking.

That'll be $0.02 please!

Mark Aidan Hopps (aka MAH)

I have ordered kegs twice from US (Both from BD)

1st order was reconditioned kegs and they arrived in good condition after 9 weeks.

2nd order was reconditioned kegs and they arrived after 6 weeks, the only problem with this order was I ordered the pressure tested kegs but 1 of them wasn't and I had to buy another o-ring...

Both orders I was happy with the delivery time but would have been even happier if I did receive the customs form.

I would order again!

I have ordered 3 x 10 litre kegs and 3 x 20 litre kegs plus odd bits and pieces from BD and I got the total order in about 8 weeks.

The three small kegs came with all the seals etc to fully recon them ( took a few minutes each keg to fit) and the big kegs came all reconditioned and ready to go.

I was missing two disconnects in the first delivery but it was sorted out and I am very happy with all the goods.

I hope that these people continue to supply to individuals in Australia.

I would hate it if we had to deal with one importer and they had the monopoly as I cant imagine where the price would end up.

I agree that the customs form and relevent paperwork would be good.

Cheers

Lying in bed with the laptop & my wife has just informed me my 4 x 5 gal kegs have arrived - YIPEEEEEE - ordered on 15th Jan.
So I guess everyone waiting should be receiving any day....

30 mins later....

Postage shows they were sent out on 31st Jan.

Kegs all in excellent condition, no dents, no racetrack lids, just some stickers to remove.
All arrived under pressure, with complete spare set of rings & gaskets for each keg. Cost me approx $47 a keg - very happy...

Thanks Matt....

Just a question on ordering from them - do you normally place your orders via E-bay? I've emailed Matt an order for 4 kegs and have asked him several times if he's onto it but and haven't heard from him. If you do order via E-bay do you use credit card or Paypal?

Perhaps they prefer to have orders placed via E-bay rather than directly via email?

Any thoughts?
Cheers,
TL

Trough Lolly said:
Just a question on ordering from them - do you normally place your orders via E-bay? I've emailed Matt an order for 4 kegs and have asked him several times if he's onto it but and haven't heard from him. If you do order via E-bay do you use credit card or Paypal?

Perhaps they prefer to have orders placed via E-bay rather than directly via email?

Any thoughts?
Cheers,
TL
[post="51384"][/post]​

My thoughts are if you are ordering them from eBay then use PayPal.
If you are ordering them from the Brewers Discount website then use your credit card (no choice there anyway).
I tried the email order/confirmation/feel good way of ordering as well, but didn't get any responses (which has now been fixed ? )
I ordered from the Brewers Discount website as I wanted the reconditioned 3 gal kegs. Mine should be here in the next month.

HTH,
Doc

Thanks for the insights Doc,
Yeah I'll probably end up ordering the 4 kegs via the website - I emailed Matt back in December and got one response - that they were dispatched on 16 Dec - but have heard nothing since. I know that's only 14 weeks ago, but I've not seen an invoice or request to pay in my Paypal account so I'm not sure what to do :(
I really want/need these kegs...

Hey Matt, did you see my emails of last week - I guess you're still on Easter break and you have a stack of emails in your inbox from Australia? I sent them from my work address on the 23rd. If you haven't seen them, then I'll reorder from your website to re-start things. Please PM me (rowan(at)canberrabrewers.org) if you need more info...

Cheers,
TL (Rowan W of Farrer, ACT)
Still washing bottles and getting sick of it - help me out Matt!! :blink:

Trough Lolly said:

Any thoughts?
Cheers,
TL
[post="51384"][/post]​

I have ordered through ebay with C&C twice.

1st purchase 4 x 3 gal kegs on 1st Jan arrived here a month ago.
2nd purchase 4 x 5 gal kegs on 24th Jan arrived here today.

TL - seems like yours have gone astray - maybe try phoning Matt...

a bloke lying in bed with a laptop and his wife then gets excited when his missus leans over and says, hey big boy ive got a couple of kegs wanna play!!! what the....................................... :D

TO all:
PLEASE, We are trying to use this one thread as (sort of) a feedback thread to monitor OUR performance and for prospective purchasers (& those PATIENTLY waiting for their kegs to arrive) to have a better idea as what to expect.

Please post here ONLY after you have recieved your kegs, to state;
1. Transit time, 2. Overall Condition

Thank you, Matt.

PS: We receive 50 to 120 emails A DAY concerning, not only kegs, but of liquidating Pepsi's used equipment from all of their plants in N. Ca. and N. NV.

The EASIEST and FASTEST way to order kegs is through ebay, using PayPal. It is safer & faster for you, online records are kept (ebay & paypal) and our processing of those orders is pretty much fully automated. Remember: If you are ordering just kegs and "keg parts", use ebay. If you are (also) ordering brewing related PARTS, use our retail website @ www.brewersdiscount.com I hope this helps.
Rowan, just got your emails,...invoice be a 'comin.

PIC: 720 Soda Vending machines we exported to the Middle East. IGNORANT, UNEDUCATED "individuals" just love blowing them up over there...they see Coke/Pepsi and they think they are helping to hurt the U.S., when in actuality they are just hurting a fellow Muslim guy, trying to make a living like the rest of us...! (Imagine having 200 to 600 aluminum schrapnel bombs coming at you at a couple of hundred miles per hour !)

Central_Overview3.jpg

mchitiea said:
Rowan, just got your emails,...invoice be a 'comin.

Excellent, thanks Matt :D
You're gonna love me, but I've just sent you an email changing my order to 4 x REBUILT 5 Gal Kegs and dropping the keg lube and concentrate cleaner :ph34r:
If I'm too late, then never mind!

Sorry to hijack the thread!
Cheers,
TL

I just got back to the office and had a parcel waiting for me.
2 x 3 gal kegs ordered from Brewers Discount website on 2/2/05.
Both kegs in very good condition with oval lids and replacement seal kits.
Very happy little brewer here :lol:

Beers,
Doc

not quite feedback matt but in due course when i order i will do so.quick question.how are the kegs packaged.?

cheers
big d

big d said:
quick question.how are the kegs packaged.?

cheers
big d
[post="51678"][/post]​

Two kegs in a perfectly sized cardboard box.
Seal kits in a plastic bag in the box.
Both kegs in pretty good nice, with only a couple of minor dings and the leftovers from stickers from a previous life that will come off easy with a scrubby.

Beers,
Doc

They both were still holding pressure when they arrived too.

I just had 4x 3gal kegs arrive today which were dispatched 31/1/05 Ordered the $32.50 ones advertised on ebay at the time via email as I wanted a heap of other bits, the $25 uncleaned racetrack lid ones were shipped (I was advised at the time)

In hindsight should have ordered the cleaned and tested ones from brewers discount and put up with only getting 3 in the box. Three kegs have the modern style relief valve in the lid and one has the old firestone type which is in pretty shit condition and more than likely needing replacement. Overall conditon of the kegs is not bad, no major dings just needing a good clean inside.

Matt a suggestion when you ship small parts with the kegs, please put them in double bags or wrap the bags in cardboard as the small parts I ordered were all spread throughout the box from movement in transit as the bag had chafed through.

I'll still order some more 5 gal ones soon but only the cleaned and tested ones, especially if you throw in a new style racetrack lid!!

Cheers

Ausdb

Back