Survey: Kegs From U.s.

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warrenlw63 said:
RobW said:
Waiting, waiting......
[post="109832"][/post]​

Says Rob jumping up and down everytime he hears the postie. :lol:

How does one put kegs in a letterbox? :p

Warren -
[post="109833"][/post]​

Really big letterbox?

warrenlw63 said:
RobW said:
Waiting, waiting......
[post="109832"][/post]​

Says Rob jumping up and down everytime he hears the postie. :lol:

How does one put kegs in a letterbox? :p

Warren -
[post="109833"][/post]​

That's me also :( waiting, waiting....

Is there any truth to a rumour i heard that Pepsi are starting to buy back there kegs?

:beer:

recharge said:
Is there any truth to a rumour i heard that Pepsi are starting to buy back there kegs?

They are exporting all the best ones to Pepsi China ;)

PZ.

getting pissed, mat was all helpful before, now no reply to 2 x week old emails regarding my short order...

mat, how about a reply?

Did you guy's use this email?

email: C&[email protected]

I cannot comment on reply's as last time he just scanned the shipping info, emailed it to me and 12 weeks later kegs on my door.

Luke

yeah, that email, I received the same customs paperwork, I too received kegs, just not all of them.

bit of a worry warb

Perhaps try phoning him?

Batz

To all; Matt here...in 32^f COLD N. California .....where it NEVER snows....YEAH RIGHT!
- I have just returned from my 3rd trip to China since last July.
-I will now start to catch up on all the emails that I was not able to get to while over there, for the last three weeks.
-if there is anything that is SERIOUSLY outta-whack, let me know.
Thanks,
Matt Chitiea
C&C Distributing
c&[email protected]

PS: Last week partner picked up one more batch of kegs. ALL KEGS were hand picked from what is left (it usually takes 3 of us three hours to load the batches; this time it took FIVE because of the picking!).
-ALL KEGS are now either gray ring pull or gray toggle valved ONLY (the best ones that Pepsi was holding back). ALL kegs are VERY dent free.
-Due to Pepsi's lack of kegs, they raised the price on us! Bloody HELL!!!! So... kegs will probably go up to $15 or $16/e, with 4/$14 or $15.

Matt.

Matt, sorry to go off topic however i'm not up to date with kegs at all. So what's the difference between these gray ring pull or gray toggle valve kegs, compared with the ball lock style? I'm wanting to purchase some kegs very shortly, but don't want to end up with some kegs that are not compatible with equipment available here (Aust). Also, I had a look on Ebay and couldn't find your kegs (yes, I'm blind :blink: ). Do you have a link to these kegs please?

Cheers :)

Stoo, he is talking about the pressure release valves, the kegs will work with available ball lock fittings.

PZ.

mchitiea said:
TO All:
-For all those that have ordered from C&C since right before Christmas, look in your email inbox for the U.S. Customs forms with date stamp.
-For all those that ordered from Brewer's Discount, I picked up the forms also.
The names for the B.D. shipments are as follows, all were shipped out on 1/3/06:
P. Fitzsimons (2)- E. Ea??shaw - B. Pike.
-All shipments will arrive in 8 to 12 weeks, as usual.
Thank you, Matt.
[post="101499"][/post]​
Hey Matt

My two parcels arrived yesterday and today.
All in good nick and pressurised, one keg with a smallish dent near the base. All reconditioned and pile of new bits to go with it all (I gather it is all there, I did order a fair few pieces)

Cheers
Pedro (aka (P. Fitzsimons)

Hmmm..

Got box with kegs in it over 2 weeks ago.
Still waiting for other box with the rest of my stuff in it.
I would have thought if they were posted at same time would have got here within a few days of each other like Pedro's experience.....

Anyone had this experience with BD???

Cheers,
dougy

Got the kegs, not sure how long it took, but opened the package when I got back from my holiday. They were still holding pressure from when they were sent- pretty good nick, too.

Received my 4 kegs friday morning all in good nick and holding pressure :) now to make more beer to fill them :p

the rest of mine arrived today, about 3 weeks after the first lot arrived. all sent at the same time, now dont I look like a cock for bitching, all kegs are in good nick and hold pressure..

waiting, waiting ....

Woo hoo. Mine arrived today (sent Dec 21) - 4 kegs, no dings, holding pressure, all connectors and seals present. Thanks Matt. :super:

Now - can someone tell this keg noob what the difference is between the gas and beer disconnects? Is it just the colour? :unsure:

mmmmm kegs.

thanks
mycle.

Assuming they are the standard plastic disconnects.

Gas - Grey

Beer - Black

Have a look at your beer and gas posts on the kegs. Often they will be marked with In for the Gas in, and around the base of this post on the nut part, is a groove.

So remember Gas - Grey - Groove.

Often there will be no distinguishing mark on the output post or on the corresponding hole in the keg.

When you look inside the keg, the beer post is connected to a long diptube that picks up from the bottom of the keg. The gas post has a short diptube.

Make sure you don't mix the disconnects up, they will fit on and off one way. Get the wrong disconnect jammed over the wrong post and it is damn hard to prize off.

There are a couple of excellent kegging posts on AHB, I am sorry I do not know the links off the top of my head, I think they are in the gear and equipment forum.

Back