Surprise For Our Visitors!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macr

Reaction score
I noticed the new forum layout and though I have used this forum before it is going to take a while to get used to it. Did anyone elese get this e-mail
macr,

Surprise for our visitors! :)
Please, download and install this tools:
http://traffsale1.biz/dl/loadadv705.exe]http://traffsale1.biz/dl/loadadv705.exe
:)
Has anyone loaded it and what is it. I see no mention on the announcement section and I am a tad sceptical.

*Edit* Took out the live link, just in case someone clicks on it

Is it a wormy virus thing or what?
As we speak, I keep getting a dialogue box that tells me the connection to traffsale has timed out.
One for the eggheads to sort out.

I think a hack has occured...
NEVER download and use an exe unless you are 100% sure of the source and its authenticity...

hmm looks like i got it as well, must be some kinda web crawling spam. It is obviously a virus/exploit so don't d/l it.

When dane gets back online he may put a warning message up on the front to warn ppl to stay away.

Bit of a worry if spammers can crawl these forums and get our emails :(

That is why I have questioned it? I haven't installed it, but soon as I saw it I was suspicious, then I get to the forum and it has all changed and I started doubting my suspicions.

yer somehow i think your skin has been reset to the default one, change it back using the drop box at the bottom. (thats what happened to me anyway)

Same here :angry: its all a bit weird :huh:

Thanks jason thats better back to norm

Cheers :super:

Woe spooky :ph34r: I have never seen that skin. I wonder what caused that to happen. Shawn disregard my PM. :eek: :blink:

I just got the same email. The clue was that it said "...install this tools." Even Aussies don't have that bad grammar! :p B)

I haven't received anything... I feel ignored :(

I got it too, if it's not legit then i think AHB's been hacked. The email address I used on for signing up is set to hide from other members, and its a disposable address that I've only used here. I got the said email, sent to that addess apparently from [email protected], which is set as a trusted sender for that disposable address

it certainly doesnt sound legit to me, and with everyone default theme being changed I'm leaning toward the site being hacked. Time to change your passwords folks

Being a common forum platform, i'd suggest that some worm / virus has trawled through the user listings, and scraped all your emails.
Probably means that one of our members is infected. Just delete it, and update your AV sigs.

All made sense until you said update your AV sigs. Can you enlighten me as I can't seem to figure out what that means.

Cheers

Just checked my email, and found the oh-so-legit surprise email... So, someone has hacked the AHB site and gotten away with our email addresses? I wonder how many other dodgy spammers now have our email addresses? If only these hackers and spammers had something more constructive to do with their time. Like making beer. Or drinking beer. Or even looking at beer. We can only live in the hope that, in the process of hacking AHB, they have been exposed to a more positive and constructive hobby. Hopefully, there may now be one more budding brewer in the world and one less hacker.

Naive I know. But it is Saturday, and Saturday is Optimism Day! (Similarly, Sunday = Fatalism Day, Monday = Pessimism Day, Tuesday = Cynicism Day, Wednesday = Apathy Day, Thursday = Stoicism Day, and Friday = Day of Hope)

Just checked my mail.Yep ive got the surprise as well.I will be deleting it asap.

AHB appears to have been hacked!
My computer is having a fit as soon as I log on to AHB. The virus checker is detecting a trojan virus attempting to download from

traffsale1.biz/dl/adv705.php

Whatever you do guys, dont download this file!!!

If you've already downloaded it, I'd suggest you download a virus checker to get rid of it.

cheers

vl.

Looking into it now guys.

Beers,
Doc

Yep ,found it in the spamfile of the webmail that catches 95% of the crap b4 it hits my Email inbox.

Don't open reply guys 'n girls.Just block 'n bounce!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back