Supporting Independent Breweries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, there's the Manly bar, but the original location is so nice to chill out.

Pretty sure that the original location of Murrays started out at the Cosmopolitan Hotel (the pub with no beer) Taylors Arm about 20K's west of Macksville. I've had more than a few there myself. More atmosphere than the location at Manly. Yet to try the Albion. :icon_cheers:

Well there ya go. I wasn't aware of them being somewhere before Bob's Farm. What happened to the pub with no beer, does Murray Howe still own it? A few websites make mention f a web address that does not load.

Well there ya go. I wasn't aware of them being somewhere before Bob's Farm. What happened to the pub with no beer, does Murray Howe still own it? A few websites make mention f a web address that does not load.

Not sure. Think that the lease had been taken over. Murray moved south. I'd say for more market opportunity. Not much out at Taylors Arm. Others may now more.

Just had a Hef, can see why people rate it highly!
Mildura Brewery honey wheat is also quite a nice drop...

I was out at Feral today - I have no hesitation supporting them! A pint of Watermelon Warhead and a taster of Razorback barleywine - wow

I think Adelaide could do a lot better in the craft beer market. There are a few micros out there, one not so far from me but the brewery is closed to the public and I don't see the beers anywhere for sale.

Trouble with Adelaide is on one hand it's a wine state - yep, they practically give the stuff away here, I haven't paid for wine in the last ten years - and on the other hand we got Coopers which is really just a big microbrewery. They do a fine job but also limited in styles.

The home brewing fraternity is alive and well here, especially full grain brewing so I guess there is a lot of people like me around who just brew their own and mostly give up on the local micros. I will drink Vale Ale when I can find it and a couple of others but finding places that sell them is like looking for hens teeth - exception goes to The Wheaty of course.

Steve

Latest posts

Back