Support

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My girlfriend is awesome when it come's to my homebrewing, she purchased my first homebrew kit, she also wrap's the fermenter in a blanket if it get's to cold, and she will ring me up and give me an update of the WORT temp while I'm at work :D

Unfortunately, she doesn't drink beer :( But she will drink cider's like nothing else, so once I have stock piled enough HB (around 200 long necks) I will attempt to make a cider for her. B)

By the way I'm still pmsl with "Guest Lurkers" story!

Well my missus doesn't mind the odd homebrew, but she doesn't go for any of my "exotic" creations (read tripels, bocks, hefe-weizens, etc). She wasn't particularly supportive in the early days because I was doing kit and kilos and giving it away to friends and family because it tasted crap. But then I got good at it, so she enjoyed the product, if not the time I spent and the space I took making it. Then I won a silver medal in the State champs and took out two first places in the Nationals, so now she's proud as punch, tells all her friends about my "industry" and won't touch VB if someone paid her. I still can't get her to help me on brew day or bottling day, but she has stopped complaining about the $$$ and even occasionally picks up some ice for me to force chill the wort. All in all I reckon she's a little trooper and we have a good balance with her in the garden, me in the brewery and the kids washing dishes....I wish!

- Snow

Bloody beer shit

This is the most complimentary thing that she has to say about my obession(hobby?)

All was going ok with discussions for purchase of balance of keg gear and ag setup-hell she was even going to buy co2 reg for me for xmas-right up until I casually mentioned that I was cancelling xmas as I had spent all my money on "special" beer bits off ebay as well as my hidden two post font(thanks GSRman).

Oh well-lucky I have a pretty good shed.....

Shit Popsy.......................Has your missus been speaking to my missus?

Thats the exact term she uses!

Yep that comes close

To add a little form before I think that the final straw was when my great new 1ltr stein arrived and I proclaimed that as a result of my newest purchase I was the happiest man on earth, failing to mention the day we were married, the day the little leaner SWMBO poped out, the day that anything happened to anyone.....(you get the drift). Needless to say the stein, and anyone drinking from it are permanently banned from being inside the house. The said drinker is also banned from any bedroom until they "no longer stink like shitty beer", which after 2-3 steins is an unfair ask, I don't really have that much time do I?

I don't understand it, I truly believe that I am much more agreeable/handsome/intelligent/tough after 3ltrs of liquid gold but few of the other team seem to think so. Luckily I am always so thirsty and willing to experiment and prove my theory correct.

Beers

Popsy

4 steins down and 20 min writing this post woohoo!

Back