Support Red Earth City Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ester Trub

Reaction score
Hi there beer folks.

Each year I take a bunch of beer to Burning Seed, Australia's version of Burning man, and give it away.
Last year it was 200 ltrs, but this year I'd like to make it 400 ltrs!

So I thought I might be able to drum up some support here for the good cause.
I have set up a Pozible campaign so that I can afford to pay for the equipment I would like to buy.

So if you think that giving away 400 ltrs of homebrew to strangers, and educating the masses in the awesomeness of craft beer is a good cause, please consider donating.
http://www.pozible.c...arthcitybrewery

Cheers
Ben

RedEarthCityBREWcolour.jpg

Sweet, I've always been meaning to get to burning seed but have always been too busy at around the time when it's on.

If I make it down there this year, i'll bring 4 x 19L kegs full to contribute...

So I read the linky and I wish you luck with it and everything but why on earth is this "a good cause"?

bum said:
So I read the linky and I wish you luck with it and everything but why on earth is this "a good cause"?
Well it's good for the people who get to drink that much beer for free!!

phoneyhuh said:
Sweet, I've always been meaning to get to burning seed but have always been too busy at around the time when it's on.

If I make it down there this year, i'll bring 4 x 19L kegs full to contribute...
Awesome! I didn't think I'd find any burners on the forum.
I'm looking forward to sampling your wares :)

Oah noes! The dirty hippies are sober! That isn't even a "cause" let alone a good one.

Have fun with it though.

bum said:
Oxfam are currently setting up keg systems in Eritrea.

Good try anyway. I would like to do the same thing. I am the good cause. Please donate belgians and barley wines.

I have just spoken to several Belgians. They were all unwilling to be donated.

Stuck-up, chocolate bastards!

whom are the people that this beer is four...just normal vb/xxx drinkers..and can i be sure they will convert to better beer quality

@DU99. I pay for all transport, which is considerable in my little van. Tyres almost rubbing against the chassis. I have to travel at 80km/h all the way from Wollongong to Wagga,
The beer is for anyone at the festival, most of whom are just normal vb/xxxx drinkers, or worse. They can have as much as they want.
That's part of the fun, I love the reactions I get from people who have never really drunk craft beer before.
Some are astounded and want to know how to set up their own brewery, and they leave with the knowledge about how beer is made too. Most people don't know that beer is made from grains.
I had a mead making workshop last year, where about 30 people attended. Many of them have gone on to make their own mead and will be bringing it this year for tasting.
I don't think I can promise that everyone will convert to better beer quality, but they certainly leave knowing more about beer than when they arrived, and knowing that there are other options.

This may not be a "good cause" as such, comparable to feeding the starving masses in the 3rd world, I never said it was. But I think educating the vb drinkers in the virtues of good craft beer is at least a worthy hobby.

Whoa. Just had a look at the Pozible again. Nicely done, Ben.

I wrote three responses. All deleted for either recrimination or persecution. Good luck sir. Sounds like a blast.

bum said:
Whoa. Just had a look at the Pozible again. Nicely done, Ben.
Thank you. What can I say? People think free beer is a good cause after all.

Free beer is so good, infact, that I just might buy some! :D

Good on ya Ben!
There's another crew from Melbourne who call themselves Coco Poco Loco, they show up at various festivals & have a circus tent / stage setup with a free bar (and music). I've been to two festivals where they've been.

The way it works is they hold a few fundraising events throughout the year to buy alcohol & brew beer, and during the festival any random punters can come in and besides order free drinks at the bar & dance, they can donate either spirits or wine or just mixers etc that they have surplus. Whenever that happens the bar staff ring a bell and everyone cheers. The bell rings damn near every 5 mins! It's a great concept...Should be more of it.

Yeah, I know Coco Poco Loco. They were at Burning Seed the first year (and maybe the second, but I didn't attend that one)

Back