Supplier Of Lactic Acid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sah

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a small amount (<1L) of food grade lactic acid?

I want to cheat on a berliner weiss.

thanks.
Scott

I've bought small bottles at chemists. Not cheap though, since I think I paid about $30 for either a 100 or 200ml bottle.

Berp.

Acidulated malt, its not expensive (compared to the above prices), if you doubt me crunch on a bit of it !!!!
Your LHBS should have it or be able to get it.
Its still cheating, but its a bit more authentic!!!!!

K

They don't appear to have it in their catalogue at the moment.

Scott

Might be worth an email or phone call nevertheless. They could keep their website in better condition than they do...

Acidulated malt, its not expensive (compared to the above prices), if you doubt me crunch on a bit of it !!!!
Your LHBS should have it or be able to get it.
Its still cheating, but its a bit more authentic!!!!!

Hi dr K,

Thanks for the suggestion, however I'm not convinced acidulated malt will give me the sourness I'd like. I've read others comment that they've been disappointed with it. For example this thread http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...p;hl=acidulated

regards,
Scott

I should say that the advantage I see with using lactic acid is that you blend it with the finished beer. So you can just add a small amount to start with and keep increasing the volume until the desired effect is reached.

Scott

Scott,

I got a small amount from a nearby Compounding Chemist - mind you it was bloody expensive that way, something like $7 for a tiny bottle with only 15ml or so.

Trev

Back