Superbowl 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven19

Homer is God
Reaction score
Got a few mates around tomorrow for the Superbowl, the Green Bay Packers vs the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I have 5 kegs gassed up and ready to drain plus a bbq planned also.

And it sure beats going to work on a Monday. :party:

Are you watching the game?

oh yes and Go the Packers! :kooi:

what happened to the saints? Those Greenbays have been there a few times, I`ll take a peek on betfair :)

I usually take a day off for the superbowl, but won't be this year. :(
Such a good day to put the feet up for the game.
Go Steelers!!

Go packers. Wish I could watch it. Damn work

I'll be going for the Packers as they were the team I followed when it used to be on free-to-air TV during the regular season in the early 90s. Haven't watched a game since they took it off back then and put it on pay TV so this is more for sentimental reasons rather than true barracking. I'll be watching as much of it that doesn't get in the way of building an IPA.

Throughout the whole season or just tomorrow? I could ask Google, I guess. I'll check it out. Cheers!

Whole season mate, well at least 2 live games (edit - 2 min per week) plus replays of others, usually on Monday mornings.

I don't have the telly on much these days but any games at SWMBO-friendly times (i.e. SWMBO-absent times) next season will get a look-in. Cheers again for the heads-up.

I've got the PVR all lined up to record it for me Raven.

Next time Green Bay make it I'll take the day off (and make sure there's some beer in the kegs). Go Packers!

I'll be watching in between spreadsheets...

Go Packers!

Beers going nicely atm...

DSCN4187.JPG

I'm watching it. Had a couple of little bets on Betfair on the Steelers. Not looking good...

I'll be going for the Packers as they were the team I followed when it used to be on free-to-air TV during the regular season in the early 90s. Haven't watched a game since they took it off back then and put it on pay TV so this is more for sentimental reasons rather than true barracking. I'll be watching as much of it that doesn't get in the way of building an IPA.
I follow the packers for similar reasons.
Ended up watching most of the game as I had to work from home when my son's family daycare called in sick...

Great to see the Packers continue to overcome injuries and find a way to win!

Recorded it and watched it last night... Recording stopped just as the steelers got the ball for the last 2 min drive. :angry:

Thoght steelers would have been good coming into the game... Too many turnovers. They did well to stay in the game with that many takeaways.

Recorded it and watched it last night... Recording stopped just as the steelers got the ball for the last 2 min drive. :angry:

Thoght steelers would have been good coming into the game... Too many turnovers. They did well to stay in the game with that many takeaways.

The exact same thing happened to me. I think there was 1:55 left on the game clock. So luckily I found the ending on youtube, even if it was in Spanish.

It's funny though, that last 1:55 went really quick. There was an intercept at about the 0:55 mark so once the Packers got that the game was over. People on the field despite it technically still being on.

I figured recording a 4 hour game would mean that there'd be a good 30 minute buffer at the end. Still hard to get used to the pace of this game compared to Rugby League. I wonder if these guys even warm up?

What an awesome game. I am still feeling the effects to a degree today.

Had a good 8 or so mates around draining kegs and the bbq was tasty too.

Always better when your team wins it too! I look forward to seeing the Packers get better with many players due to return from injury next season.

Well done Green Bay!

The exact same thing happened to me. I think there was 1:55 left on the game clock. So luckily I found the ending on youtube, even if it was in Spanish.

It's funny though, that last 1:55 went really quick. There was an intercept at about the 0:55 mark so once the Packers got that the game was over. People on the field despite it technically still being on.

I figured recording a 4 hour game would mean that there'd be a good 30 minute buffer at the end. Still hard to get used to the pace of this game compared to Rugby League. I wonder if these guys even warm up?
Halftime show went for a good half hour.

Trap for young players... If I was recording the SB, I'd always get the show after as well.

Latest posts

Back