Super Whatnot, Is It Closed?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Spent a day in the big smoke today and visited the Super Whatnot, it was closed and the shop owner next door said it has been so for a while.
Also went down to the Hideaway only to find it doesn't open until 3.00pm during winter :angry:

Oh well had a few at the Yard Bird and Scratch instead.

batz

Spent a day in the big smoke today and visited the Super Whatnot, it was closed and the shop owner next door said it has been so for a while.
Also went down to the Hideaway only to find it doesn't open until 3.00pm during winter :angry:

Oh well had a few at the Yard Bird and Scratch instead.

batz
Super whatnot often doesn't open until later in the day. 4pm according to their facebook page.

The hideaway change was due to the cost of being open all day. It's a real shame because it was an awesome place to go and unwind in the middle of the day.

Often overlooked is the International Hotel at Spring Hill with a range of really cheap pints. I like the Irish Red. The Pils is a bit megaswilly but good on a hot day or if you have walked right up the hill. Easy to get to on pubic transport, walk up the hill from Central to a bus stop that serves the Spring Hill flyer bus and it goes right past. On the way home, over the Hospital hill and downhill all the way through the parklands to Roma St station. Beware the Geronimo 7.5% Malt Liquor at around $5.50 a pint :icon_drunk:

Super whatnot often doesn't open until later in the day. 4pm according to their facebook page.

There was a notice on the door the stated open at 10.00am. Mon-Friday.

they appear to be still active on faecesbook.

also:

Hours
Tue - Thu: 16:00-00:00
Fri: 12:00-00:00
Sat: 16:00-00:00

OH well, there you go then. I'm not on facebook (never even looked at it) and quite proud of the fact.

batz

OH well, there you go then. I'm not on facebook (never even looked at it) and quite proud of the fact.

batz

n27927_Shun_the_non_believer_____by_Funkykitsune.jpg

batz

Should have grabbed a bratwurst and a beer at the sausage hut Batz (next door).
But yeah open around 4pm normally.

I once decided to join Facebook. During the latter part of the registration they popped up a sample of the pages I might be interested in, one of them was a photo of my Brother in the UK I haven't seen for 12 years. :eek: I figured that if this organisation had its hooks into me to that degree, even before I'd joined up, then they could go and get fucked, so I aborted the thing.

When (not if) we get a totalitarian big brother state, which an Abbott / Newman axis would bring in for QLD very quickly, then your Facebook membership is going to be the biggest own goal you have ever done to yourself.

batz
Which is why you get the information the old-fashioned way...
Too late...

I once decided to join Facebook. During the latter part of the registration they popped up a sample of the pages I might be interested in, one of them was a photo of my Brother in the UK I haven't seen for 12 years. :eek: I figured that if this organisation had its hooks into me to that degree, even before I'd joined up, then they could go and get fucked, so I aborted the thing.

When (not if) we get a totalitarian big brother state, which an Abbott / Newman axis would bring in for QLD very quickly, then your Facebook membership is going to be the biggest own goal you have ever done to yourself.

If you have a computer, mobile, debit/credit card, supermarket card, any of the above then there is already more data stored on you than you can possibly imagine and you are kidding yourself if you think a facebook account is going to make that much difference.
Big brother is already watching and you might as well run with it.

Which is why you get the information the old-fashioned way...
Too late...

If they can't update the bit of A4 paper listing their hours stuck on the door, but instead I have to check on face book, then it's a sad day IMO.

If they can't update the bit of A4 paper listing their hours stuck on the door, but instead I have to check on face book, then it's a sad day IMO.

Agreed. Not all people use facebook. I only use it so I can share photos with family that live far away. I have my security settings on the max and only people I am friends with can see my profile. Its a pretty good photo album, but also a great place to go data mining

Geez - you had me worried there. I work right near there (think 100 m or less). I read the title and let out a slightly too audible oh f***!

Lucky it was wrong! I am going past this arvo just to double check!

completely off topic but this is a social thread.... :p .. guy in the PUBS group (schoolteacher) was talking to some teenagers about modern technology and said "I notice you all doing a lot of texting at lunchtime etc - wouldn't it be great if there was a method where, instead of texting, you could actually put the phone up to your ear and the phone would tell you what the other person wanted to convey to you.

Wow, cool, Sir, what program is that? He had them going for quite a few minutes until the penny dropped :lol:

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they've shut in the last week or so as I've been there most afternoons for a roadie. Unfortunately it is located directly on the route from work to the train station so I drop in quite regularly, however they seem not to have a decent handle on keggerator, more often than I'd like the Bacchus beers are off (particularly if I was Ross). The lads seem unable to tie their own shoelaces let alone work the taps, but the lassies have the most of it sussed.

Whew, I haven't been there yet and want to try it. Will have to make the effort to get there!

Always end up at Scratch, Archive or Burrow.

I can confirm she is all open. No time for a brew today, but def open as I walked past!

If I miss the 385 bus to The Gap, I have time to head over to the SW for a quick beer before heading back to King George Station to miss the next one!

Back