super cheap auto plastic filter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00Tank

Reaction score
Cost about 2-3 bucks and my beer comes out crstal clear,any one else use them ? I dont know what micron they are but easy to replace and cheap as chips

Got a pic?

You mean a fuel filter or something?

Sorry, but LOL. Having replaced literally hundreds and hundreds of them on cars etc in the past I'd stop using them for consumption immediately I have a proper beer one for sale for $15. Thats 2.5 of those and reusable untold times. It's good to see ideas and options and yours, in theory, are great but not........optimum.

I use it inline to transfer one keg(pressurised) to drinking keg under co2 pressure, as for oil in them I am unaware, but I have been using successfully for a while now. I clean the line and run water and sanitizer through them after each use, I usually use the one for about 10 kegs. As cube said he has replaced hundreds, but that is in cars in fuel conditions, not under beer transfer with low co2 output (about 8) .Anyhow just saying works for me :)

As per AC Delco's filter brochure "Resin impregnated pleated paper filtering media increases filter capacity."
I'd be careful, that crap is most likely not for consumption

And seriously, you can get food grade filter units for under $50
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KEG-TO-KEG-BEER-FILTER-HOME-BREW-6mm-BARB-45-MICRON-/111048546783?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item19db0259df&_uhb=1#ht_1514wt_651
with 2 of the spare cartridges going for like $30 that will last you for hundreds of brews (if treated right) and you know it's safe
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Polyester-Pleated-Beer-Brewing-Filter-suit-10-x-2-5-Housing-1-Micron-x-2-/320822795428?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item4ab2875ca4&_uhb=1#ht_527wt_651
buy once, buy right

Change to a cheap water filter. Not worth the risk IMO.

Prepare 1/2 a teaspoon of gelatin and add it to your keg. Crystal clear with no need for a filter at all.

Back