Sunshine Coast Woodworkers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Is there anyone on the Sunny Coast who does or knows someone who does a bit of woodwork?

I have two beer engines that are mounted separately that I want mounted on the same piece of timber.

BeerEngines_2.jpg

Like this now

beer_engine_1.jpg

This is how I want them, only I'll be fitting this to a bar top not clamped on.

Timber needs to be routed top, and on the bottom to fit the engine brackets, I will provide the blank samples. I want a pro job of this, otherwise I'll have a go at it myself. ;)

batz

G'day Batz

You could try the Cooroora Woodworkers or their arch-rivals the Camphur Laurel group. They are next door to each other in Cooroy - they would charge you, but I don't think it would be too extravagant.

Can get contact details for both if you are interested.

Cheers

G'day Batz

You could try the Cooroora Woodworkers or their arch-rivals the Camphur Laurel group. They are next door to each other in Cooroy - they would charge you, but I don't think it would be too extravagant.

Can get contact details for both if you are interested.

Cheers

That's what I was looking for Joe, I'll check them out.

Batz

I'd be happy to do it for you for zip, Batz.

I'm a luthier by trade.

Very nice Nick....nice sound?

Yup - it's a prototype I built a few years ago for a laugh. A CF single cone resonator. Sounds like a resonator with a bit less attck and a bit more sustain.

I dont think two pumps will together work Batz?

You should sell me one.LOL... If you get you timber done I could put A coat of aviation clear polyurathane on it mate look like a piece of timber glass.

sav

I want one!!!!

I dont think two pumps will together work Batz?

You should sell me one.LOL... If you get you timber done I could put A coat of aviation clear polyurathane on it mate look like a piece of timber glass.

sav

After the Beer Appreciation night I'm sold on beer engines sav, it was the first time I had put a completely uncarbed brew on and the results were amazing. I might just take you up on the polyurathane as well mate.

Batz

I'll second that. The engine was tops, as was the beer!

I'll second that. The engine was tops, as was the beer!

I'll love to get the two engines mounted and ready to go at anytime Nick. I think I'll need a small fridge that will take two kegs that I can run at around 12c.

batz

Sounds like a plan. I scored what will be an awesome prize in the BABBs raffle last night - it's designed for real ales and draws beer from the top of the keg, meaning you can dry hop the keg, and not filter and get bright beer.... It's awesome (thanks Ross!!!)

Cheers

I reckon a normal bar fridge might take two kegs if you take a few plastic parts out and bend the freezer compartment, and also rip out the controller and light.

IMG_20120323_170257.jpg

Back