Sunshine Coast Grain Bulk Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine_Brewer

Reaction score
I plan to get the malt delivered to my place in Doonan and can hold the grain for anybody that can't make it on the day of delivery.
Usual min order of twenty sacks but I want to hit 36 if possible and then I will close the bulk buy and order through Ross@Craftbrewer.
Date to be finalised, hopefully around the end of April/start of May.
Will have beers on gun for attendees on the day. cheers

So: Anyone keen on half a sack of Wey dark wheat?

Sunshine_Brewer 1xGalaxy, 1xWey Munich, 1xWey Wheat

I plan to get the malt delivered to my place in Doonan and can hold the grain for anybody that can't make it on the day of delivery.
Usual min order of twenty sacks but I want to hit 36 if possible and then I will close the bulk buy and order through Ross@Craftbrewer.

I'll be in on a couple,I'll get back.

Batz

Could be in too, will confirm shortly

Cheers

SB,

I am pretty well stocked up with malts ATM but will split that sack of Weyermann Dark Wheat with you if that's ok?
Should be able to get up your way to collect no worries.
Perhaps the Bundy brewers might be interested in being in this bulk buy?

TP.

Perhaps the Bundy brewers might be interested in being in this bulk buy?

So, you have forgot the Hervey Bay All Grainers hey?? :(

I think its just me anyhow :unsure: , Ill see how im going by the time its about to close, havnt been able to brew nothing of late.. Not happy..

And yes, the Bundy Boys, I can pick up from Doonan and youse could pick up from the bay if youse want..

:icon_cheers: CB

Thanks for the offer, as Yardy has said weve got some bag sorted.

QldKev

So, you have forgot the Hervey Bay All Grainers hey?? :(

nah I didnt forget ya CB, just thought it might be closer for you. Anyway how did your 3068 beers come out?

Would be good to involve people further north, but timing/logistics etc bit like brewing really it all depends. Maybe this might have to go the other way and end up at Underwood if we can not get the numbers, if that is ok with Ross of course.

Sunshine_Brewer 1xGalaxy, 1xWey Munich, 1xWey Wheat 0.5XWey D Wheat
Tidal Pete 0.5X Wey D Wheat

SB,

You may well have to look further afield if you want that full pallet. I may be interested in another sack of BB Galaxy depending on my stocks in a months time.
Every little helps. :)

TP

early days but thanks for the interest, in fact it was your shining glass of dunkelweizen and SCB DunkelW thats got me pumped for some dark wheat. Cheers

Anyway how did your 3068 beers come out?

Mate,

Bit pissed off, its still in the fermenter @ 2c, havnt had the chance to get it in the keg(as well as Batz Altbier), tasted bloody good from Hydro Sample though..

I so want to brew, crushed grain the other day, filled urn ready to go and its still waiting.. Missus is still unable to do much after Operation, looking after the kids, trying to work and now we just signed a contract to build a house(subject to finance) and now got the shittiest hayfever.. Maybe tomoz.. :huh:

Sunshine_Brewer 1xGalaxy, 1xWey Munich, 1xWey Wheat 0.5XWey D Wheat
TidalPete 0.5X Wey D Wheat
Batz 1xGalaxy, 1xBB Ale

Sunshine_Brewer 1xGalaxy, 1xWey Munich, 1xBB Ale 0.5XWey D Wheat
Batz 1xGalaxy, 1xBB Ale

changed selection

I'm in too please Sunshine - don't really need it, but I just can't say no.....

Batz 1xGalaxy, 1xBB Ale
JoeG 1 x Wey Premium Pils

Guys...

Just to let you know there is no Galaxy Malt until the new season crop comes into store late April. Pale Malt will sub perfectly.

cheers Ross

Guys...

Just to let you know there is no Galaxy Malt until the new season crop comes into store late April. Pale Malt will sub perfectly.

cheers Ross

JoeG 1 x Wey Premium Pils

I'm in no hurry so I will give this one a miss and grab Galaxy when Ross has it in.

Batz

Guys, a little good news...

All malts dropping in price from tomorrow. Only a small drop due to the huge increase we've had in the dollar - but a drop nether the less :)

Cheers Ross

Anyway how did your 3068 beers come out?

Hey, got first taste of my 3068 Wit yesterday out of the keg and its fantastic(i think), needs a bit more carbonation though.. :D So many beers I want to keep doing, but so many I want to keep trying...

Oh, will youse be trying to get this Buy through on the hope that you could get the Grain for free on the Stimulus Giveaway??? Whatever way, Ill prob be in for something, maybe alot if we get finance to build this house... :rolleyes:

Oh, will youse be trying to get this Buy through on the hope that you could get the Grain for free on the Stimulus Giveaway??? Whatever way, Ill prob be in for something, maybe alot if we get finance to build this house... :rolleyes:

I think this fall sunder "wholesale" and I think I will struggle to get the numbers up for a full pallet anyway.
It might suit the few involved to just get individula orders this month in the hope of winning :rolleyes:

I could make do with just one sack for now but prefer bulk buy madness. Maybe I need to rearrange delivery so to include Brissie brewers that are after a few sacks at once. It really doesnt make sense (discount) unless you are getting three or so bags of imported malts especially as alot of brissie brewers are members of BABBS and get a discount already or so I believe.
Anyway Ill keep at it one more week then decide?

Back