Sunshine Coast Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be our ride Pete & Shed! :p

Superweirdmotorcyclefunny_cool_bike_2_thumb.jpg

This can only be a good thing as you will be able to collect me, drive me there, pay for my beers & then get back to work after lunch hour is over whilst I have a couple more (at your expense of course) before picking up the next bus home. :lol: How good is that! :super:

TP

That sounds like an excellent idea TP - get your helmet ready and I think InCider owes you a couple... at least!

Living halfway between Brisbane and the Sunny Coast, and with the tragic news from the Platform Bar it is certainly a case of "as one door closes, another one opens"

Can't wait to get up there for my next beer safari. :drinks:

We were only up there a few weeks ago to see "The King's Speech" at the Plaza and it's amazing how easy it is to get there now. There is now a dedicated exit off the motorway right into the back of Sunshine Plaza and it takes us less time and hassle to go there from Bribie Island than it does to go to Bogan Chermside Shoppingtown. :)

I was speaking to Greg yesterday and he's hoping to open next week.

Latest i've heard is that he's hoping to open next Tuesday.

12 taps.

20-22 Ocean St, Maroochy-diddle.

Latest i've heard is that he's hoping to open next Tuesday.

12 taps.

20-22 Ocean St, Maroochy-diddle.

Almost enought to make a fella think of moving up there.
Almost.

So... did it happen on time?

The wife and I went out for dinner and drinks at the new venue on Easter Saturday.
They were a little understaffed for the number of patrons, but that means that business is going well anyway!

There was a slight mishap with out initial drink order taking some time, but the food was good and the beer flowed much quicker when you went to the bar yourself ;)
The view of the intersection isn't exactly a stunning vista but the place was nice and busy so there was good atmosphere.

The bock paired with beeramusi was unbelievable. I thought the bock was a little sweet as a beer in itself, but paired with the desert was unbelievable.
I'd highly recommend locals getting down to give it a try :)

The live music they had was..., well, we left earlier than planned let's put it that way...

The wife and I went out for dinner and drinks at the new venue on Easter Saturday.
They were a little understaffed for the number of patrons, but that means that business is going well anyway!

There was a slight mishap with out initial drink order taking some time, but the food was good and the beer flowed much quicker when you went to the bar yourself ;)
The view of the intersection isn't exactly a stunning vista but the place was nice and busy so there was good atmosphere.

The bock paired with beeramusi was unbelievable. I thought the bock was a little sweet as a beer in itself, but paired with the desert was unbelievable.
I'd highly recommend locals getting down to give it a try :)

The live music they had was..., well, we left earlier than planned let's put it that way...

Hmm, I've been meaning to get up there for a look, eat, + drink. Maybe a session with Shed101 et al.
Mrs Mills greatest hits???

Hmm, I've been meaning to get up there for a look, eat, + drink. Maybe a session with Shed101 et al.
Mrs Mills greatest hits???

Time we did this, couple of locals here are keen to. One German speaking member of the local scene is keen to visit as the brewer is German. He should know how to make a good Bockbier having worked in a brewery in Bamberg.

Lest's set it up for a Saturday soon, visit to the brewery and bar!

Screwy

I can do pretty much any Friday arvo. :icon_chickcheers:

My saturdays are disappearing fast :rolleyes:

I popped in for a couple of beers yesterday afternoon. Had the Pilsner and the Bock. Very tasty.

Apparently gets quite busy on Friday afternoons.

been there about a dozen times since it opened, found the food to be awesome. highly recommend the lamb shank and the red ale Pie. the service is good if you chat up the right waiter.

on my first visit I had a pint of each beer. it was a messy night.

now I go straight to the Rye ESB. so damn good. easily my favourite beer on tap anywhere.

Just had lunch at the Brewery Bar & Restaurant.. The food was phenomenal - Best steak sandwich ever. Loved their Rye ESB and Robust Porter too,.

From FB in January: Search FB for Sunshine Coast Brewery

While the world didn't officially end in 2012, unfortunately it did for the Brewery Bar & Restaurant in Maroochydore when our lease finished. Thanks to our loyal drinkers for their support over the last 2 years and we look forward to seeing you again soon when we reopen our bar & restaurant at the brewery in Kunda Park. In the mean time, the beers are available on tap at the brewery each Friday afternoon from 4pm, starting today. Be sure to like the Sunshine Coast Brewery fb page for more details of our re-opening.
Latest on FB:
The bar down at Kunda Park is open again for business, with lunch being served from 12-2pm - Wednesday to Saturday. So hop on in to the Brewery for lunch starting Easter Saturday. While you're there try our newest beer - a Blonde

Latest posts

Back