Sunshine Coast Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengrass

Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering if there are any brewers on the Sunshine coast who are interested in starting a local brewer's club? Or if there is one already in existance?

I'm not sure if two people constitutes a group or just a man date?? Either way its a start. I am keen to get some beer heads to tryand give feedback on some of my brews. And visa versa. I have a ful keg atm (double bock) but prob not after the weekend :) My next brew to go on in the next two weeks will be an Irish red ale (AG). Will be keen to swap.

if you build it they will come,,,

we started one down the gold coast last year,,,,

a few things to keep in mind

make the same day of the month each time (second friday or what so ever) that way people known when its on,
trying to find the same place to have it each time makes it easy aswell,, (some where free even better)

hope you guys can get something going

Hey guys,

Get in touch with Greg at the Sunshine Coast Brewery. I visited there last month and he seemed pretty keen to have some brewers around there.

He has some nice beers on too :)

I've been doing kits for about 18 months and I'm now in the process of setting up BIAB in an urn. Being able to get together with other like minded blokes would be a good thing.

Haven't seen Tidal Pete on the forum for a week or so, maybe PM him and see if he's interested as he also keeps in touch with brewers on the coast, including Gavin at Mooloolah, etc.

About two years ago a few of us tried to get something up and running on the Sunshine Coast but it fell by the wayside.

Having said that, I'd be keen to support having another crack at it.

The Sunshine Coast Brewery would get my vote as a meeting place.

Cheers

Ok. Plan so far. I will try to get in touch with sunshine coast brewery (Greg) and have a chat about organising something. I think that is a good place to start and also supports the local brewing industry. Good to hear a bit more support. Really keen to get sunny coast brewing going.

Hey Greengrass,

That sounds great. Please keep me posted in relation to the developments.

Cheerss

Parks said:
Hey guys,

Get in touch with Greg at the Sunshine Coast Brewery. I visited there last month and he seemed pretty keen to have some brewers around there.

He has some nice beers on too :)
Hi Parks

How did you go with the SCB?
Cheers

j-dunn said:
Hi Parks

How did you go with the SCB?
Cheers
Some other guys are getting in touch - I just suggested it :)

Greengrass said:
Ok. Plan so far. I will try to get in touch with sunshine coast brewery (Greg) and have a chat about organising something. I think that is a good place to start and also supports the local brewing industry. Good to hear a bit more support. Really keen to get sunny coast brewing going.
Hi Greengrass

wondering how you went with SCB?

cheers

Hi sorry it took so long but I finally spoke to the guys at SCB. They have also been thinking about starting a club at the brewery. However Greg is away on holidays so nothing will happen until he returns. Which is next week and we will go from there. To encourage things a bit in the meantime I thought we could line up a saturday casual get together, sometime in the next couple of weeks, at the brewery cafe and sample a few of their brews. What ya recon? Also is anyone going to the brewers conference in Bris in July?

Greengrass said:
They have also been thinking about starting a club at the brewery.
Not wanting to be rude Greengrass but of course they have It's all about getting your dollars in the till especially since the Bar & restaurant went bust two weeks after I drank most a lot of their Rodger (Just a coincidence I'm sure :p ).
Don't get me wrong here. The SCB is a great spot for a beer or two but perhaps has a vested interest in being a "clubhouse" so to speak?
You would be better off getting in touch with Screwy if you're keen on doing the club thingo. He is the champion of all things clubby.
Love your pic screwy old son. :lol:

Back